II. The Courtship

RAEWYN WOKE UP FROM A DREAM that could only be explained as strange, she sat up and she saw Amaia setting up breakfast. "Good morrow, Amaia," she greeted her handmaiden.

"Good morrow, Princess," Amaia greeted back, "how did you sleep?"

"Very well actually," Raewyn stood up as she walked over to the table picking up a couple of grapes and eating them, "mmm, what is that?"

There was a box on the table, wrapped in a red and black ribbon...

"Oh, it was at your door just an hour ago with a knock but no one to deliver it," Amaia explains.

Raewyn just nods, "okay..." She walks over to the box, carefully removing the ribbon before opening the box. "Whoa."

"That's beautiful."

Raewyn held the necklace up in the light, it was a dragon pendant with red jewels

Raewyn held the necklace up in the light, it was a dragon pendant with red jewels... "It really is, isn't it?" she agrees.

"Princess, you do realize what this means?" Amaia asked her.

"What?" She asked assuming it was just some gift.

Amaia had to be the one to point out the obvious, "it's a courtship! The beginning of one if I've ever seen one."

"Tell me, Amaia, where have you seen courtships?" Raewyn asks her.

"Umm? Driftmark?" Amaia points out in an obvious tone, "and before that Storm's End."

"Right..."

"There is only one new person you've met recently," Amaia says with a smirk.

Raewyn feels the heat rise in her chest and her face, "Harwin."

"Exactly."

"It could be Daemon," Rae jokes looking at her handmaiden who just rolls her eyes.

Amaia just shakes her head, "enough of that, let me help you put it on," she offers as Rae nods giving the necklace to her turning and holding her hair back to show her neck.

Amaia helped her put on the necklace as Raewyn smiles looking down at it, "it's very beautiful, but how can you be sure it's from him?" 

"You know there is only one way to find out for sure," she says with a smile.

"I don't know, Amaia..." 

"Don't make me drag you to your sister for her support because she will agree with me," Amaia said with a knowing smile.

Raewyn just nods, "fine, you know what? Actually, going to see my sister," she straightened up, "is a wondrous idea," she then looked down at her nightgown, "probably should get dressed, right?"

"Probably, princess," Amaia says with a smile.

Raewyn looked through her trunk before finding the perfect gown to go with the necklace: