XV. The Death Of Duty

RAEWYN AND HARWIN WERE ASKED TO STAY IN KINGSLANDING FOR A BIT by Alicent who seemed to be in better spirits and had Rhaenys staying for a bit as well. Rhaenyra and Daemon were already back at Dragon Stone and they had sent Ariella, Alexander, and Adya to Dragonstone for a visit which Adya asked them about last night and they said yes to.

"Did you see Ariella's face through the dinner?" Harwin asked.

Raewyn smiles and nods, "yes, she is doing much better now."

"She actually told me before leaving that Aegon approached her," Harwin told her.

"What? Did that fucker touch my baby-"

"She dealt with it actually by herself," Harwin said, "punched him without leaving a bruise and warned him to leave her alone."

"That's great," Raewyn smiles, "I'm proud of her, if only she was here so I could tell her."

Harwin shook his head, "I'm glad they aren't," he pulled her by the waist closer, "so we can be alone."

"Oh?" Raewyn grin.

Harwin suddenly swoops her up in his arms!

"Excuse me-"

"Don't mind me," Harwin smirks at her as he walks her over to the bed, he puts her on the bed.

THEY LAID UNDER THE BLANKETS WITH HARWIN HOLDING RAEWYN, "I love you," Harwin told her.

"I love you too," Raewyn smiles as she snuggles into him.

They fell asleep like this...

Unaware that night Viserys passed and that everything would change.

RAEWYN WOKE UP AND SAT UP, "Amaia?" She asked as she saw her handmaiden wasn't in the room, "Harwin?" She stood up looking for her husband. 

She grabbed a red robe and wrapped it around her body, she went to open her chamber door but it was locked!

"What?" Raewyn knocked on the door but no one answered it, "hello!? What is this?!" She then heard bells, she walked across the room and looked out the window.

"Rae."

"Alicent?"

Raewyn turned to her as the door was closed and locked behind the Queen, "wh-what is the meaning of this? Where is Harwin?"

Alicent just looked down before saying, "I know how loyal you are to Rhaenyra," she started making Raewyn's heart race in worry, "but-"

"What is this about-"

"Let me explain-"

"Where is Harwin-"

"Please-"

"Where is Viserys-"

Alicent covers her face for a moment before shaking her head, "I'm so sorry, Princess Raewyn, but the King, your cousin, is dead."

"And you locked me in my chambers... Are talking about my loyalty Rhaenyra..." She realized as she steps back.

"Please, I know we are friends," Alicent tries but Rae shook her head.

"We may be friends but I will NEVER help you usurp the throne!" Raewyn hissed, "Rhaenyra will and forever will be my Queen!"

Alicent looked down as she sighed, "then I am sorry."

"Is this seriously how this is going to end?" Raewyn asked tears in her eyes, "are you going to kill me?"