XIV. The Trial

//Hello, I know I should have cleared this up maybe earlier but I am late like always...

Jace and Lucerys are NOT Harwin's in this story, they are just named the same but someone else's kids//

ADYA'S SWORD CLASHES WITH DAEMON'S as the 16-year-old was staying at Dragon Stone for the time being to stay with Daemon since that's where he resides with his daughter Rhaena. He often has Adya come stay with him when she wants.

"Keep your sword up," Daemon advised as they kept going.

Adya dodged his swing as she got in position, "I had my sword up."

"So I was imagining your guard going down?" He asked.

"Yup," Adya sarcastically said as she jumped once he tried to kick her feet.

That's when her father tried a new tactic, "how's Loki?" He asked about her dragon that right now is the size of a horse. Usually, dragons that hatched only six years ago are sizes of small horses so this shows Loki will be a bigger dragon.

 "Oh she's great-"

Suddenly Daemon knocked her down.

"You are too much like your mother when it comes to dragons," Daemon said shaking his head.

Adya groaned as Daemon offered her his hand and she took his help up.

"Would you like to go again?" Daemon asked his daughter.

Adya smiles and shook her head, "maybe later, I wanted to practice my Valyrian with Jace," she told him.

They go inside where Jace was.

The two cousins start to practice their Valyrian as Rhaenyra walked down the staircase correcting one of Jace's words. "Oh, Adya, you got a raven from Kingslanding," she told her.

"Oh, probably Helaena," Adya says with a smile as she put down the book and went over to get the raven scroll.

Daemon wasn't sure if he liked the idea of his daughter being close to a green but he didn't have a choice in it.

As Jace starts to struggle with his Valyrian Rhaenyra suggests, "perhaps that's enough of it this morning."

"No, I want to keep going," Jace urged.

"So do I," Adya said once done reading the scroll from Helaena, "Aunt Rhaenyra?"

"Yes?" 

"Do you know about the trial that is happening rather soon in Kingslanding?" Adya asked her since she just read about it from the scroll.

RAEWYN WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS WITH HARWIN as she shook her head, "Vaemond Velaryon means to question Lucerys's claim to Driftmark and to that- their birthright and claim to the Iron Throne."

"Viserys would never let this be," Harwin told her.

"But my dear cousin isn't running things anymore, you know what the rumors say, my husband," Rae turned to him, "Alicent is on the Iron Throne."

"She used to be your friend," Harwin reminds her.

Raewyn shook her head, "that was a long time ago... When she did what she did to Rhaenyra, I think I saw this different side to her, I don't know who she is or if this is who she has always been."

Harwin nods understanding as he takes her hand, "we should probably tell the kids."

"They are sixteen and eighteen, not really kids anymore," Rae points out.