III. The Dinner

RAEWYN WAS BEING DRESSED WHEN RHAENYRA BARGED IN, "Rae! Ooh, I love that pendant on you," she comments.

"Thank you, why did you barge in my chambers again, niece?" Rae asks.

Rhaenyra nods, "right, okay, my father said that Lord Lyonel Strong wants to speak with him about your hand!"

"Which could mean that Harwin proposed a marriage proposal?" Raewyn asked.

"Exactly," her niece says excitingly.

Amaia just smiles, "I knew this would happen," she celebrates.

"Yes, all of you celebrate," Raewyn shook her head, "I'm lucky Rhaenys isn't here or she'd join you two."

"Princess, you said multiple times how much you like Sir Harwin," Amaia points out with a smile.

Raewyn just gives a look, "that is irrelevant."

"And you know..." 

They both looked at Amaia as she continued, "I haven't heard you speak about Daemon since you met Sir Harwin. Well except when you got the necklace."

"Again, irrelevant," Raewyn felt really called out here.

Rhaenyra just laughed, "do you still like Daemon?" She asked curiously.

"No," Rae shook her head, "I don't know why everyone thinks that."

Amaia didn't say anything this time and finished tying up Raewyn's dress before going to grab the final piece of the dress.

"Maybe it's the fact that you can't help but say that without laughing," Rhaenyra guesses.

Raewyn gives her a look.

"She may have a point, Princess," Amaia says as she finishes the dress with a black cloak, "but I did say that you have been all about Sir Harwin so."

"Thank you!"

"Now, for a moment, look in the mirror, because this dress looks stunning on you," Amaia points out.

Raewyn looks in the mirror and tilts her head, "huh, what do you think, Nyra?"

The dress was beautiful:

"I love it, I'm sure Sir Harwin will too," Rhaenyra told her

THE KING WAS IN HIS STUDY TALKING WITH THE LADY ALICENT HIGHTOWER when there was a knock on the chamber door, "Lord Lyonel Strong, Your Grace, he requests an audience with you."

"Let him in," King Viserys told them as Lyonel walked into the room, "that'll be all, Alicent," he told the girl.

Alicent bowed her head before leaving.

"Lyonel, is this small council business?" Viserys asked.

"No, Your Grace, pardon the interruption of your free time, I come with a proposal," Lyonel then kneeled to him, "I want to join our houses."