V. The Wedding

RAEWYN WAS MORE THAN NERVOUS, it had been a fortnight, and now it was almost time for the wedding. Through this period, she can't say she hasn't enjoyed Harwin's presence; actually, she quite enjoys him and believes he'll be a fine husband.

"Amaia," Raewyn and Amaia were walking to the gardens to have lunch with Rhaenyra and Alicent, "I'm gonna die."

"No, you're not," Amaia told her.

"But... I'm not ready," Raewyn complained.

Amaia gave her a look, "you are more than a woman grown."

"Ugh fine you are correct," Rae sighed dramatically.

Amaia chuckled to herself.

They found the spot Rhaenyra picked out for their lunch, the Princess and Lady were already there waiting, "Niece, Lady Alicent, I hope we are not late?"

"You aren't," Rhaenyra says standing.

Raewyn smiles, "good, this looks scrumptious!"

"Doesn't it?" Alicent asks, "the cooks worked hard on it."

"We told them it was in celebration of your wedding tomorrow," Rhaenyra told her.

Raewyn just laughed at that, "good, very good," she grabbed a strawberry and ate one, savoring the taste, "about the wedding... I'm-"

"She's nervous," Amaia points out.

"It's just I feel like I'm not ready..." Rae said looking downward.

Rhaenyra just rose her eyebrows, "but you were ready to marry Daemon?"

Raewyn didn't even know how to answer that question as she stayed silent.

"Sorry, that was not right of me," the Princess shook her head.

Alicent spoke up, "you just have wedding jitters, you'll be ready once you see Sir Harwin down that aisle looking handsome."

"Thank you," Raewyn told her, "seriously, I just had to talk about it..."

"Of course," Rhaenyra nods, "that's what we are here for, now let's eat, best not to waste this scrumptious food."

RAEWYN GOT UNDRESSED AS SHE WAS JUST IN HER NIGHTGOWN when there was a knock on her chamber door, she immediately thought of Harwin, "come."

The door opened and Harwin was behind it just as she thought, she smiles at the sight of him, "I don't know how everyone else would think if they knew we were seeing each other before the wedding."

"It's not midnight," Harwin says.

"Okay," Rae rolls her eyes, "so what do I owe this visit?" She asked with a smile.

"I wanted to show you something," Harwin said, "I know it's late but it's just a quick visit," he grabbed her robe, "put this on and follow me, okay?"

Rae just nods, "okay."

They leave her chambers and go to a balcony that overlooks the ocean and the stars... Harwin was proud of what he was showing her. "It's a beautiful night, isn't it?" Harwin asked.

Raewyn agrees, "yes, it is," she stared at the stars for a moment before thinking about her previous betrothal with Daemon and how ready she was to be married to him and how it was snuffed out when she was prepared but now she has someone who is good for her and not related to her, "Harwin... I'm glad I'm marrying you."

"You are?" Harwin asks.

"Of course," Rae leaned in and kissed his cheek.