XIII. The Fight

HARWIN FOUND ARIELLA SITTING BY HERSELF CRYING, "Ariella."

"Father!"

Ariella flung herself into Harwin's arms!

Harwin held her as he shushed her, "it's okay, I'm here, what happened?" He had an idea who did this to her.

"I... I..."

"Ariella..." Harwin pulled out of the hug, he looked behind him before giving a serious look, "was it Aegon?"

A tear falls down Ariella's face as she nods.

He nods as he hugs her again, "I promise you he won't have a chance to ever even lay eyes on you again."

"IT WAS AEGON?" Raewyn asks her husband as they were alone in her old chambers.

Harwin nods, "yes, Ariella admitted it, I promised her I would protect her."

"We will," Raewyn agreed, "I'm just glad that with Rhaenyra as Heir, that cunt won't become King."

Harwin gave her a look, "and you wonder where Adya got it from."

"Daemon," Raewyn says confidently but then realizes as she looks down.

"Hey it's okay, many Lords have bastards you know, why would it be strange for you to have one?" Harwin tries to comfort her.

A tear falls but Raewyn wipes it away, "how do you not hate me? Or despise my daughter?"

"I love you," Harwin pulled her closer by her hands, "and I love your daughter as if she was my own. But I won't ever get in the way of her relationship with her real father."

Raewyn cups his face and kisses him.

"PUT THE EGG IN THE HEATING CHAMBER, LIKE SO," Daemon told Adya as he showed her.

Adya put the purple egg in the heating chamber she smiles, "when will it hatch?"

"Sometimes they don't," Daemon told her making her frown, "but this one came from Syrax and I have hope that you should share."

Adya smiles again as she then looks from the heating chamber to Daemon, "will you move here?"

"I... I don't know," Daemon admits.

"I would like you to," Adya tells him.

"Adya."

Daemon turns to see Raewyn.

"Time for bed," Raewyn told her, "you two can continue tomorrow, okay?" 

"Can I bring my egg with me?" Adya asked.

Rae nodded, "of course, sweet thing."

Once Adya was gone Daemon's eyes stayed on Raewyn the whole time but her eyes only moved back to Daemon when their kid was gone.

"You are still as beautiful as the day they betrothed us," Daemon told her in Valyrian.

Raewyn closed her eyes, "Daemon..."

"I just wanted to tell you that, I got married and had kids too you know," Daemon explained.

Rae just smiles, "well it's time you learned what that was like."

Daemon nods but thinks of Adya, "I'm sorry," he apologizes, "I should have been there for you through Adya's pregnancy..."

"Daemon, don't say that-"

"And through her life," he said shaking his head, "ten years is a long time... Walk with me on the beach?" 

Raewyn almost said no.