Chapter 18

Marxes and Grace looked around nervously, even at the rear window. They couldn't find the undead creature nearby. The police officer went back to his car to check in with Marxes and Grace. He could smell the stench coming from the backseat. "Eww. What's going on here? Is this some kind of prank?" The officer demanded with a disgusted look. Marxes and Grace both shook their heads. "It's not us." They both said at once. "Really?" The officer retorted. He went back to talk with his colleagues again. Marxes and Grace were worried that the undead creature is nearby. The smelly monster sat on a light pole staring at the police car.

Suddenly, the smell of rotting food slowly disappeared. The three officers kept watch as they opened the passenger side doors and the driver side door. "Did you guys cut the cheese?" One of the officers rallied Grace and Marxes. They both shook their heads like before. "That wasn't us. It was the guy that the officers over there tried to hold in their police car." Grace replied, feeling grossed out inside. "Really?" Another officer spoke as he bent down to look inside the car. The undead creature jumped from the light pole over to the next few house roofs. In a few seconds, the bad smell was nowhere to be found in the police car. The officer went back into his cruiser and thanked the other officers for helping him. The police officer waited until his colleagues were at a safe distance. Then he started to maneuver the car through the street. It looked like he was driving Marxes and Grace back home. Though the two friends felt that the officer was going to be taking them to the police station. The agile monster jumped over the next few roofs. In fact, the undead creature also jumped across an entire street while the police car was turning right. The monster landed on the house roof across the street. It was then leaping towards the house roof next to the edge of the street. Marxes and Grace looked around and it was still dark out. They both looked at the time on their cellphones. It was five twenty. The two youths felt tired out. Marxes and Grace fell asleep in the back seat of the police car. The officers gave off a smirk and thought this was going to be a little easy for him. The agile monster jumped on top of the police cruiser, juts as it was making a left turn towards the street where the two friends lived. The undead creature was positioned in a way that resembled a frog just as it would be resting on a lily pad. The officer could smell the aroma of rotting food coming from outside of his car. He looked back into the backseat and thought that the smell must be coming from someplace else. When the officer arrived at the intersection that intersected with the street where Marxes' and Grace's house were. He pulled the car over next to the sidewalk of the street section he turned right on. The agile monster jumped off the car. He then stood in the sidewalk facing the police car.

The officer saw the creature jumping off the roof of the car. He was very mad. "Hey, What's the big idea?" He shouted. The smelly creature didn't budge. "Why were you on the hood of my car?" The officer asked again, he did so with a louder voice. The officer covered his nose when he could smell the same horrible rotting food stench coming off of the creature itself. The officer felt like covering his nostrils. He pulled out his taser. "Get on the ground, now!" The officer shouted. Marxes heard the shouting, but he was too asleep to figure out who the officer was talking to. The creature let out a snarl. It walked towards the officer. Not wanting to take any chances, the taser went off. The officer saw it having little effect on the undead creature. The monster grabbed the taser and then the officer. It wrested the taser out of the officer's hands and the piece of equipment landed on the section of street next to the curb. The monster grabbed the officer by the back of his neck. The creature held the police officer so that he would be staring into his eyes. It roared at the officer. However, he was no frightened so easily. He started to fight back against the undead monster. The creature could feel him kicking a little near the sides of his chest. The officer than tried to punch the undead creature in the face. The monster's head was pushed back a little from the punching. The undead monster was giving the officer up so easily. The monster roared into the officer's ears. Each one becoming more terrifying than the last. The officer finally became a little scared. The agile creature let the officer fall onto the nearby grass. He was shaking in his uniform from the roaring that he heard in his ears. The monster than looked at the car. Grace and Marxes were glad they got to be sleeping in the car. They felt safe, and it was a little bit quiet. The police car driver's side door closed. The car started to roll down the road smoothly. It felt like that the car was speeding up at several points. The car went down a certain street. When the vehicle made its stop, the brakes squealed, enough to wake up Grace and Marxes. Though they were drowsy, they could hear somebody getting out of the car. They were a bit drowsy to see who it was. Marxes could smell the scent of rotting food. That made his eyes go wide open. He quickly woke Grace up. Grace could hear the car door opening from her side. She screamed when she saw who was opening the door.

Marxes and Grace backed away towards the farthest car door. The angry monster roared, and it grabbed onto one of Grace's ankles. The undead monster began to pull Grace out of the car. She screamed while being pulled out. Marxes held her by the ankles so that she would not be pulled out. Grace tried to kick at the undead creature, but the monster grabbed onto her other foot. Grace screamed again. The angry monster pulled on Grace with a mighty heave. She was out of the car within a second. Marxes felt her hands slip from out of his grasp. Grace fell onto the road's pavement. She looked up and saw the that the creature was staring at her while standing. The smelly monster let out a snarl as it reached for her shoulders. Marxes crawled towards the open door. Only to have it close once he was near it. Marxes pounded on the window as he watched the creature get down next to its legs. It then picked up Grace by her neck. The angry monster roared at her. Grace tried to kick at the undead monster, but the tips of her toes couldn't reach. Then she tried to cover the undead creature's eyes with her hands. The monster had other ideas. It grabbed both of her wrists with one of its hands. While the monster's other hand, held on tightly to the back of her neck. The undead creature roared into Grace's face. She screamed back and kicked at the monster. The undead creature didn't let her go so easily. It threw her on the asphalt pavement. Then Grace put the heels of her shoes on top of the road. She started to inch away from the undead monster. The creature snarled at her. It held onto both of her ankles. Marxes screamed as he saw Grace trying to escape from the smelly monster. He pounded on the hard window. The creature ignored Marxes. It roared at Grace two times. She tried to punch at the monster. It's head dodged Grace's hands. Grace used one of her hands to hold her T-shirt over her mouth. The smell rotting food had gotten onto her wrists. The undead monster roared at Grace again. "Let go of me!" Grace yelled. She kicked at the monster with all of her might. Thought the monster had her feet pinned between it's strong hands and the top of the road surface. Marxes pounded at the window again. He even shouted for help. Then Marxes tried to insult the creature. "You're smellier than a sewer. I wonder if you were a sewer rat." Marxes shouted as he insulted the monster. The undead creature somewhat heard the insult, but that was somewhat blocked out by Grace's screaming. The monster than snarled. It wondered if it should continue to attack Grace or should be dealing with Marxes.

Marxes saw that the insult somewhat worked, but the monster was taking out all of its anger on Grace. Marxes insulted him again. His voice was muffled from inside the car. The undead creature heard the voice crystal clear. He snarled while looking between Marxes and Grace. The undead monster let go of Grace and went towards the passenger door. He opened the door, only to be met with a kick in the face. The agile creature covered his face. Marxes burst out of the car while trying to knock the monster onto the street. The undead creature simply fled and hopped off the street. It landed on the grass next to the sidewalk across the street. The agile monster jumped right back at Marxes. He shot from his standing position and jumped at Marxes. It was almost as if he was going to hit him against the left side of the police car trunk. Grace quickly ran behind the police car. She hid behind the police car passenger doors. There was a bang. The undead creature had made a dent in the side of the car trunk. Grace moved towards the front of the car. Marxes tried to run away. The monster instead knocked him down to the ground. The undead creature roared and showed its rotting human teeth to Marxes. The breath that it has was more horrendous than the odor that it had. The undead monster stood up and grabbed Marxes by one of the T-shirt's sleeves. The youth kicked back at the smelly creature. Marxes even held onto one of the undead monster's legs. The monster nearly lifted its right leg up. Grace got to the open driver's side door. She looked at the different button along the door and on the console. Grace went to press one of the buttons. The creature was trying to shake Marxes off its leg. The monster even tried to pull the youth off of its leg. It roared as it slapped an arm up against Marxes' back. Grace pressed two different buttons before pushing the button that opens the trunk.