Chapter 1

"Meraki, you're going to have to be brave while I'm gone," her smile was contagious, "Be strong, my angle."

Meraki woke up looking up into the purple sky, she smiled as she heard her dad begin to yell for her.

"Mer, where are you?" She sat up and wrapped the quilted blanket she made around her before sliding down the ladder onto her landing with her window.

"In my room, Dad." She said climbing through the window. One step on the floor and she tripped on the blanket. Meraki went down with an oof. She looked up and saw a pair of shoes in front of her.

"What did I tell you about sleeping on the roof? Its dangerous." He pulled her up, moving her long hair out of the way.

"But dad its beautiful, the ships coming in and leaving. It's so beautiful." She said turning around and closing the windows.

"Get ready, Chastin is coming soon to get you, are your bags packed?" They sat down on her bed, he began to run an iron tooth comb through her hair.

"They are, I already put them in the speeder last night." She sat there and hummed a song that she remembers from her childhood.

"That woman, the one you told me stories about when I was younger," Meraki started.

"What about her?" Lux began to pull her hair back into a braid.

"I saw her last night, in a dream, she told me to 'be brave while she's gone' and 'be strong my angel" she waited for a response but got nothing.

"Its a dream, honey." He kissed her cheek as he finished.

"Get dressed, remember what she told you to wear, no color and preferably no dress." He shut the door and she drew the clothes from her closet and changed. Before she left her room she slung a blue leather amulet that Aunt An gave to her.

"Meraki come on transport will leave before we get there!" She heard Chastin yell up from the main floor. Meraki grabbed the bag with her sabers wrapped in a cloth that can keep the metal undetected in scanners and a Holoportrait of her father and the lady from his stories.

She held it in her hand before turning it on seeing them smiling together. The beautiful women holding a child whose in the arms of the man she knows as her father and sitting next to them is Aunt An.

"He knows her, why didn't he tell me?" She asked herself.

"Because your father can't think of her other than a story, he's filled with greif still, cut him some slack Mer. We have to leave now." Chastin's voice scared her from her thoughts.

"Yes, Master." She threw the holoportrait in the bag and walked out down the stairs.

"Good luck on your mission, Mer. Be safe and remember you training, be smart and strong angel." Lux kissed her cheek and she kissed his.

"We shouldn't be over a month, Bonteri." Chastin shook his hand.

"Tell An that I said hello." They walked out the door. Meraki sat in controls, the station approached quickly, both their hair flying in the wind.

"Storms coming soon, do you think it'll be bad?" Chastin yelled over the engine.

"Doesn't feel like anything bad, Chas." Meraki yelled back as they soon got under the large roof. They stopped and locked the speeder in Chastin's personal hold while the droids took their bags and heaved them into the awaiting shuttle. Both women had pulled over robes which had hoods though only Meraki put hers up.

"Passes please." The droid said. Chastin showed the thing before they boarded and headed to the back.

"How did you get the money for a straight pass to Coruscant, Chas?" Meraki whispered.

"I didn't, our employers sent them to me." She responded. Meraki looked around, there wasn't many people on board.

"What do we do when we get there?" Chastin asked Meraki, they were going over the plan.

"There will be a man there, he will take us to the old senate building, that's where we'll meet the employers and assume our mission." Meraki recited quietly to her master.

"Very good child, now rest. I sense that you are tired, I will wake you when we arrive." She quietly soothed Meraki's head, knowing what lays inside.

"Yes master, thank you." Meraki nodded off into sleep.

"Meraki, you're going to have to be brave while I'm gone," her smile was contagious, "Be strong, my angle."

She heard the lady again, and smiled.