Chapter 19

Meraki started walking back to the house pulling her jacket close to her body, protecting herself from the rain that poured down. Through the rain she spotted three figures walking together, it wasn't until after a few more meters of walking she realized who two of the people were. She started running and the one on the left ran at her. Meraki let we hood fall down revealing her long brown hair which soaked before they could embrace.

"You're safe." Lux whispered holding his teenage daughter tightly.

"Where have you been?" Meraki asked pulling away to see a thick red line from the bridge of his nose halfway to his chin crossing his cheek. Meraki looked frightened at it.

"I'm fine." He smiled kissing her head.

"What's something you haven't seen in a long long time?" Meraki asked as he and her walked back to the house, while An and who seemed to be Keith trailed behind.

"What do you mean?" He asked as she opened the door.

"Think of the storries you used to tell me when I was a kid." Meraki said opening the door wider revealing Ahsoka meditating next to the fireplace.

"Ahsoka." He said. Her eyes shot open hearing his voice again.

"Lux." She said standing up. They ran to each other. He picked her up and spun her around. Lux put Ahsoka down and kissed her, long and passionately.

"You must be Meraki, I'm Keith." The tall man said behind her. She turned around seeing his long curly hair tied back. She shook his hand.

"I didn't see you in the holoportrait that I found in my fathers room." Meraki said studying him.

"That is a story for another day, kid." Aunt An said.

"I never though I'd ever see you again." Lux said holding Ahsoka's face in his palms.

"We always find each other, no matter how long we are apart for." Ahsoka said kissing him. Meraki saw Luke sitting on the stairs and she walked up and sat next him. They sat in silence for a while watching An, Keith, Ahsoka, and Lux.

"Come on, lets leave them to catch up." Meraki said pulling Luke up with her. They walked up to the third floor, Meraki's room, Luke looked around.

"You have this to yourself?" He asked looking up seeing the windows in the ceiling.

"It's the smallest floor in the building." She said opening a closet and pulling out a fold out cot.

"You have your own balcony." He said. Meraki laughed.

"Hardly, I built it a few years ago so I can look at the ships as they come in and leave." Meraki said setting in up. The one leg wasn't opening and Meraki was about to fall when Luke rushed over and helped.

"Thanks." She said brushing her hands on her pants.

"How much work is going to have to be done tomorrow because of this rain?" Luke asked as she handed him blankets.

"It depends." Meraki said walking back over to the closet and takin out a loose, white satin, long sleeved shirt and loose brown pants before walking over to her covered area and changing. She walked back out unbraiding her hair and sitting down.

"What is it like having both parents?" Her asked suddenly.

"It's hard to explain but it's some sort of relief to me knowing that they have each other now." Meraki said honestly.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Means I can continue on without worrying about either of them as much as I used to." Meraki smiled.

"Must be nice." Luke said lying down on his back.

"I guess it is." Meraki said turning over and falling asleep.