Chapter 13

The rain lasted hours, and hours they stayed out there, using their lightsabers they practiced non stop.

Luke's hair was dripping with sweat and rain, his black short sleeve shirt that hid under his tan jacket, which was visible now, stuck to his muscular torso. Meraki's whit long sleeved button up laid in the corner by the door, she was wearing a white tank top that tucked into her blue skin tight pants. Her brown knee high boots were damp with the rain, the same with Luke's black ones.

Luke jumped up and Meraki rolled under before he landed kicking him down once he did. She turned around and he was already up and running at her, blade ready. Meraki braced herself for the impact which sent her knee to the ground. She felt the heat of the blades near her ear before she pushed him up using the force to throw him back. The rain slowed down but they didn't. The sky began to darken under the heavy clouds as Meraki started to go harder. Her blades spun faster as she turned blocking the top of his blade from her head, pushing his green blade back and she ran at him. Both blades crossed as she cornered Luke against the wall. He tried pushing Meraki back but he didn't have the strength. He tripped her backwards but she flipped and landed ready. This time he came at Meraki throwing a kick to her side, which she dodged, and few swings until their blades clashed. Meraki disarmed Luke easily as he felt backwards, she pointed her blade at his face.

"It's over." She breathed. The rain had stopped but they still dripped wet.

"You could have done that hours ago couldn't you?" He asked propping himself onto his elbows while Meraki still held the sabers to his face.

"Theoretically yes." She responded watching him through her fallen hair which was now out of its braid.

"Then why didn't you?" He asked.

"I wanted to see how long I could last. Seems five hours was enough." She said turning her sabers off, without the glow they were in the dark. Meraki knelt by Luke's body.

"Even with master yoda I didn't train that long, especially with lightsabers." He breathed looking at Meraki.

"Was he a good master?" Meraki asked.

"Indeed, although I never correctly finished my training." He smiled.

"Then how are you a jedi?" She asked surprised by his sudden words.

"I was able to resist the power dark side, the hardest thing a jedi could do." He said slowly.

"Even if it meant killing your father, you still resisted it?" She was intrigued by his own sense of light and dark.

"Even if it meant that." He nodded before sitting up.

"We've been out in the rain enough, its time we get inside." He pulled Meraki up.

"When this mission is over and I go home, what will I do then? How will I train?" Meraki asked as they walked to the lift.

"You have your mother who can train you." He responded as they waited for the lift.

"It would be years since she would have used her lightsabers, she has my father to take care of now." Meraki said as they entered.

"Stay on coruscant while the republic army takes it away from the remaining imperial forces." He said, Meraki was dumbfounded by his sudden statement.

"You want me to fight, in a civil war? Specifically your civil war?" She said. The lift started to go down.

"You're the only other jedi apprentice on this planet, maybe even in the galaxy." He said.

"I'm not an apprentice if I have no master." Meraki retorted leaning on the back wall feeling her stomach growl.

"Then I'll teach you." He looked serious when he said this.

"Luke don't..." Meraki began but he cut her off.

"I want to teach you, I see your potential and I want to expand your knowledge of the force. So please let me teach you." He said with the pure truth that Meraki could sense.