Chapter 9

"Luke!" Meraki shouted again standing up, holding the body of the lost Jedi.

"Meraki, over here!" She heard him say. She followed the sound of his voice.

"Luke, I found someone you might want to meet if we can get back to the senate building before she dies." Meraki said throwing rubble and wall off of him and helping him up.

"Thank you," he said dusting off, "let me see her." Luke examined her while meraki guarded them.

"We have to find some where to stay for a night, its too dangerous." Meraki turned only to say this then returned her focus on her surroundings.

"I agree." He said looking up, only seeing Meraki's back.

"I sense three familiar living beings in the nearby base. Leia, Han, and Admiral Akbar," Meraki said, "do these names sound familiar?"

"They're the three." Was Luke's only response.

"We should rest and eat tonight, I sense your growing tiredness." Meraki said to Luke and he just looked at her, "with all due respect, Luke, I can sence your frustration in civil wars."

"With all due respect, I still feel your distress for your late Master." He said picking up the woman. Meraki's sudden stop indicated some annoyance associated with Luke, he could sense it.

"I will teach you, Meraki, if you allow me to." He said looking at her.

"I see I have no choice but to allow you to teach me." She said looking at the ground.