Chapter 17

Meraki awoke hours later to a wide empty room.

"They must have left already, guess that means I got to meditate now." Meraki sat up, crossed her legs and closed her eyes. She was shaken out of the haze by Ahsoka who was sitting on the bed in front of her.

"You were right about one thing, Meraki, he was after Luke." Ahsoka said tiredly. Meraki stood up looking around.

"Where's Luke?" Meraki said frantically, her mother grabbed her shoulders.

"He's fine, calm yourself child." Ahsoka said sternly.

"Where is he?" Meraki looked at Ahsoka.

"He's landing the shuttle onto the landing pad, we're going back to Dantooine. Luke will explain later, we have to get you out of here." Ahsoka said taking the IV out of Meraki's arm and pulling her out, leaning Meraki's body onto hers.

"Why are we going back?" Meraki asked leaning on Ahsoka.

"Well, he's dead so there will be no more information being leaked." Ahsoka answered.

"So then why are we leaving if he's dead?" Meraki was awfully confused and tired.

"He had already sent his assassins after Luke before we got there, knowing he wouldn't make it out." She said. They made their way out onto a landing pad that hasn't been used for years.

"That guy is smarter than I thought." Meraki laughed holding her side tightly as they quickly but slowly made their way towards the vessel.

"I didn't know he got your side." Ahsoka said looking at Meraki's hand that clutched the loose white long sleeved shirt that fell down to her middle thigh. Under it she wore light grey loose pants and black moccasins.

"He got what I left unprotected." Meraki said painfully. Luke ran down the ramp to Meraki who limped to him.

"What in the name of..." Meraki was cut off as blaster fire hit the walls behind them.

"Get in the ship!" Ahsoka yelled taking out Meraki's lightsabers, which were once hers, and batted off lasers left and right. Luke rushed Meraki to the cockpit with him and started the engines while Ahsoka got onboard and closed the doors to the boarding ramp.

"Shields up." Luke said to himself as he started to lift the ship up and into the atmosphere, leaving the attackers behind.

"Where did you get a G9 Rigger-Class freighter?" Meraki asked looking around the large cockpit.

"It was the one ship that was spared." Luke said with a saddened tone.

"This was Anakin's old ship, Twilight." Ahsoka walked in slowly.

"No wonder he'd save it, then." Meraki said looking as space neared.

"He remembered you, Ahsoka," Luke began looking back at her, "The day he died, I saw his memories flash in my eyes since I was giving him some of my strength through the force. I felt the bond you three had, you were like a family."

"We were." The ship shook as they had been hit by lasers.

"Damn it they're back!" Luke said.

"Meraki you get the gun, I'm driving this bucket." Ahsoka said sitting into the chair, flipping switches.

"Luke, prepare to jump to hyperspace on my mark."Ahsoka said setting in the coordinates.

"Two on your right, one coming straight behind!" Meraki reported. She pushed the button and watched as she hit the wing of one and the engines of another.