Chapter 14

Meraki woke up in the bed that she had been provided with to the sunset of the next day. Meraki's communicator started to go off, on a frequency that only she and Luke shared.

"Meraki here." She answered.

"Good morning, come down to the infirmary." Luke's voice echoed through the empty room.

"I'll make my way down." Meraki said setting the device down on the table that sat at the side. She quickly changed into semi lose black pants that she tucked into black combat boots. She wore a black tank top and a black leather jacket that hung at her waist, just below her belt where she hung her lightsabers and comlink. She let her long brown hair stay down and unbrushed. She ran to the infirmary which was across the building, she finally reached it seeing that there was still the closed off area. Meraki caught her breath before moving towards the corner, he boots clicking slightly with every step. Walking in she saw Ahsoka sitting upright and Luke standing in the the corner.

"You look just like your father." She mused.

"You've told me." Meraki smiled, awkwardly walking closer to the bed.

"Please sit." She smiled, Meraki did and looked at her.

"I'll leave you two alone." He started to walk away.

"Please stay Luke." Meraki said looking at him, he nodded and went back to the corner.

"Luke was telling me about your training session yesterday," she paused to take a breath, "five hours, that's amazing."

"Chas taught me to save energy and strength and use them when my opponent is the weakest." Meraki said looking down at her lap.

"I felt the force lacking something, it's Chastin isn't it?" She said sadly, Meraki nodded but remained looking down. Ahsoka took Meraki's hand and held it tightly.

"I know she was your mother when I couldn't be, I wanted to thank her." She smiled.

"She was." Meraki smiled to herself.

"You can leave by the end of the week," Luke said from behind, "but we have a mission to complete, Meraki and I."

"Go now, don't wait for me to get better." She urged laying back into the bed.

"Are you sure?" Meraki asked, Ahsoka nodded.

"I feel that this is a necessary mission, so go." She let go of Meraki's hand.

"Come on then, lets get going while the sun is still coming up." Luke left but Meraki sat and looked at Ahsoka.

"You really are her, the one in dad's journal." She took out the book from her jacket's inside pocket and handed it to Ahsoka.

"Your father would be very upset with you once he figures out he's missing this." Ahsoka took the book hesitantly.

"That one's completely filled, he has another one that I see him write in sometimes." She laughed getting up but stopping before she reached the curtain.

"Read it, from the very beginning." Meraki said before leaving following Luke out the door and down to the hangar bay.

"It's gotten worse, more information is being leaked." He said jumping in an open speeder.

"That's why we shouldn't have waited." Meraki said taking the driver's seat.

"Just wanted to make sure she was going to be alright." He said.

"You wanted me to get more aquatinted with my mother so that's why you had us stay here." Meraki said lifting up and exiting the doors. The crisp wind blew in their faces whipping Their hair and making their clothes stick to their bodies. Meraki landed the speeder outside the doors.