Chapter 4

"Drusilla, that's my name," she introduced herself and Curtis began circling her until his tail held her up towards him. Their faces are inches away and their lips almost touch each other.

"I'm Curtis."

Name: Curtis

Age: 45

Status: Feral

Race: Snake

Relation: Mate

"How old are you?" Drusilla asked and Curtis replied, "45, still young and fit for you."

Good thing I'm not the same age as Bai.

"Now that you accept me, don't turn your back, also before you said you will be the only male let me ask you some questions, if you hibernate during the cold season, who will hunt for me? Who will warm me up? I know you don't want me to have a guardian because you are possessive but who will take care of me? What if after we mate and I get pregnant and the cold season arrives, do you think I can survive?"

Curtis is speechless, "So? There's also a chance another snake feral might take me away and force me to get pregnant and you don't want that, do you?"

He didn't know Drusilla is making him convince with her eyes filled with magic to make him consider her reasons and eventually he gave in, "fine, and where is this your males?" he asked and Drusilla want him to follow her so he carried her and went out to the cave to go back to the village.

Thankfully she didn't sense Jarvis's presence so she tried her mark if he can sense her location and after a minute Jarvis came to but halt to see a feral holding her.

"Don't attack him Jarvis, he's my mate," Jarvis got confused but then remembers the mate string thing that Drusilla mentioned.

There must be a reason why a feral was chosen.

Drusilla was put down and approached Jarvis and kiss his forehead, "Calm down, like I said I will love you all equally, no favorites or neglect," Jarvis smiled.

"Now, Curtis, this is Jarvis my first male and the head of our family, Jarvis, he is Curtis the new male," they look at each other and surprisingly, there's no malice or anger.

Shit, Harvey still needs to know this.

"Jarvis, can he go in your hut? Harvey still needs to know this," Jarvis knows how kind she is so he agreed and went to his home, he just hopes the village will not find him for Drusilla's sake as she is already in love with him.

They arrive at Jarvis's hut and entered, Curtis is surprised by the strange things displayed around the hut and assumed that Drusilla is the one who made them.

Drusilla then touches Harvey's mark and the leopard healer who finishes treating all his patients felt her and went to where he is in hurry, thinking she is in danger.

As he arrived at the hut, he smell the scent of the feral and feared the worst until Drusilla came out safe, "Harvey! Come here right now!" she motioned him to get inside and he did what she told him in hurry.

He sees a feral inside talking with Jarvis casually, "Jarvis what is this?" he asked, so perplexed by the scene he saw, "Drusilla accept this feral because of the mate strings, did Drusilla mention you that right?"

Harvey nodded and sighed, he start to think this mate string is not good for her, and a chance of having mated to another feral might danger her.

"Harvey, this is Curtis and Curtis, this is my second male and he is a healer in the village near here," Harvey and Curtis look at each other and nodded in approval, "I'm sorry if this was too soon, I'm just afraid that Bai will also take him away."