Memories

Wei Wuxian woke to the sound of birds singing. He rolled over and stretched noticing that his muscles felt tight. Lan Zhan wasn't in the room and by the look of the light coming in through the window it was close to mid-morning. As he sat up his head felt sore, like from too much drink. Touching his forehead he tried to recall the previous night. Nothing out of the ordinary came to mind. He and Lan Zhan had spent the evening planning their journey back to the Lotus Pier. Jin Ling had sent them an invitation to visit and shockingly had said that Jiang Cheng wanted to speak with him. Of course Jiang Cheng hadn't sent the message himself, it was through Jin Ling but at least it was hopefully a step towards mending their relationship.
Still feeling out of sorts and with nothing else coming to mind he started to get up but a wave of dizziness assaulted him. This wasn't good, he needed to find Lan Zhan. As if his thoughts summoned him, he appeared in the doorway. Lan Zhan walked towards him and knelt down beside him. He held up his hand towards him and weakly uttered his name, "Lan Zhan... ". Lan Zhan placed a hand on his head and closed his eyes. He felt Lan Zhan's energy flow throw his body, clearing away some of the heaviness of his muscles and easing the ache in his head. Lan Zhan had a concerned look on his face, "hmm" he said quietly. Trying to lighten the moment Wei Wuxian weakly tried to be funny, "Lan Zhan, why did you let me drink so much last night? I feel like shit". Opening his eyes Lan Zhan said softly but firmly, "Wei Ying, you had another episode last night". Wei Wuxuan was startled, "oh... I ... I don't remember." He moved Lan Zhan's hand off his forehead. How long had it been since he had one of those nightmares from the past... a month? But they were getting worse. During the last episode he hadn't recognized Lan Zhan, he had tried to wake up from the nightmare and had attacked him. With that sudden thought his hands flew to Lan Zhan's chest opening his robe, "Was it bad? Are you okay? Lan Zhan! I didn't hurt you did I!?"
Lan Zhan took his hands and calmly looked at him, "Wei Ying, I'm fine." Still alarmed he tried to pull his hands out of Lan Zhan's to continue making sure he was alright. Lan Zhan held on firmly and said, "Wei Ying, I'm alright". He bent forward and placed his forehead onto his. Knowing that Wei Ying wouldn't rest until he knew what happened he quietly said, "I tried to free my head ribbon from your hand. But your mind was somewhere dark and you thought it was being taken from you, it caused you much pain, I'm apologize". Wei Wuxian flinched as a memory flashed through his mind. He doubled over as his body started reacting involuntarily. Pain filled him, his head started to pound. Lan Zhan reacted quickly, he laid him down and called in his guqin. Music filled the room, the melody slowly breaking through the pain, releasing him from the memory. As he lay there allowing the music to do its work he reached over rested his hand on Lan Zhan. Finishing the piece and vanished the guqin Lan Zhan opened Wei Ying's shirt and placed a hand on his core. Blue energy flowed into where the golden core should have been. This body of Mo Xuanyu had used up all its core energy bringing Wei Wuxian back to life. Lan Zhan suspected that Mo Xuanyu had thought Wei Wuxian's own core would have replaced his own. But Mo Xuanyu hadn't known that Wei Wuxian had given his core to Jiang Cheng. And since the task of avenging Mo Xuanyu had been completed Mo Xuanyu's body was having a hard time with Wei Wuxian's spirit. Removing his hand and closing his shirt Lan Zhan said, "Wei Ying, I don't think you will be able to stay in this body much longer" Wei Wuxian opened his eyes and looked at him, his voice tired, "I know".

                                                                                              ***

As I'm writing, I realize that this story is a mystery to me. I don't have any plan on what's going to happen. It just happened to land softly in my mind and asked me to write it. So, thank you very much for reading it, I'm also excited to see what happens next. ~ Allison