Where the wind blows

Wen Qing walked with Baoshan Sanren through the temple, her thoughts preoccupied with all the events that had taken place. "A-Qing, did you hear me?" Baoshan Sanren said, gently touching her arm. "I'm sorry, what did you say Shifu?" Baoshan Sanren smiled, "I asked you if you've decided on what you're going to do." Wen Qing's brow furrowed as she took a moment to reply, "I ... I don't know... Shifu," She started to say but Baoshan Sanren interrupted her, "A-Qing, when you first came here, it was to escape persecution. You stayed because you wanted to put right the wrongs and help Wei Wuxian return to his body. That goal has been accomplished, and it is safe for you to leave my mountain now." She watched Wen Qing try to find an argument to counter her statement and fail. "There is also the matter of a certain Clan Leader who still has feelings for you." Wen Qing's head snapped up, "What! No, that's not true Shifu." Baoshan Sanren chuckled and patted her arm, "I may not be in touch with the outside world, but I do have eyes and the ability to see things." Wen Qing bent her head trying to hide her expression, "Shifu..." she trailed off, not finishing her sentence again because Jiang Cheng appeared at that moment. He walked towards them, each stride full of purpose. "Baoshan Sanren, Lady Wen" he said bowing to each. Baoshan Sanren with a side glace at Wen Qing replied, "Jiang Cheng what a coincidence meeting you here." Jiang Cheng looked confused, "Umm, I was told to meet you here... "He looked back and forth between them looking unsure. "Ah, yes about that, A-Qing, needs your help. Yes, she needs your help with... something! I don't remember what, you know this memory of mine isn't what it used to be. So, I'll just leave the two of you now and be on my way." She left quickly leaving two identically shocked faces behind her. Jiang Cheng looked nervously at Wen Qing suddenly very aware that they were alone. Wen Qing also looked nervous and spoke first. "Jiang-gongzi, how are you feeling?" If she could just stay in clinical mode she would be fine. She watched Jiang Cheng raise his eyebrows and look quizzically at her, why did he have to look so good. He looked so fierce with everyone else but with her he always had a softer, more vulnerable look. Jiang Cheng shuffled his foot slightly and said, "I'm doing fine Lady Wen, thank you. What was this something that you needed help with?" Wen Qing felt suddenly tired, "Jiang-gongzi," she starts to say but he interrupts her, why was everyone interrupting her today! "Lady Wen, I have something I'd like to say to you." She's taken aback at the suddenness, but he pushed on. "I never thanked you for what you did for me. Not just the core transfer but for everything. You put yourself at risk to treat me, and I acted like a complete asshole." He looked angry but it wasn't directed at her, she grabbed his hand, "Jiang Cheng, stop." he freezes, looking at her hand holding his. "We are both in different places from where we were." Jiang Cheng feels the floor fall out from beneath him, he's done this so poorly. "Lady Wen, I've made a mess of this, let me be direct. I want very much to kiss you." Wait! What did he just say?! Jiang Cheng tried to correct himself but nothing comes out right. Wen Qing's cheeks turns a lovely shade of pink. "I'm so sorry!" he starts to say but she grabs him by the collar, yanks him to her and kisses him! He's speechless. He feels her lips on his, they're so soft and he lets out a groan. Wen Qing breaks off the kiss and rests her forehead against his. "The past is the past" she says quietly. "Jiang Cheng, what do you want?" The millions of feelings that are shooting through his body coalesce into one single thought. "I want you, Wen Qing." He tips her face up so he can see her better and says, "What do you want?" Wen Qing takes his face in her hands and looks into his eyes. There had been so many reasons why she couldn't say how she truly felt. Those reasons are dust in the wind now, she is free. "I want you." She sees momentary pain register on his face, but then a single tear forms in the corner of his eye. She watches it travel down his cheek, pause a moment on his chin and then fall. The sunlight glinting off the tear making look like a falling star. It was the only thing she saw before Jiang Cheng pulled her into a fierce hug. They hold each other close, their tears falling and lips caressing each other. Baoshan Sanren saw only a moment of it before she excuses herself, a smile on her face.