chapter 3

As the general manager of Riddle Corporation, people were scrambling to please Sean. Yet, this girl rejected him when he offered to buy her things for the first time.
Thinking of the fate of those who had offended Sean previously, the driver did not dare to make a sound but stood by the side of the car, trying to reduce his sense of presence.
But to his surprise, Sean just let out a nonchalant smile, doting on Nicole like no tomorrow. "No problem.”
The driver could not be more surprised. Sean seemed to be very gentle with his lost-and-found sister.
The treatment he gave to this sister was something not even the existing sister could enjoy.
Before getting into the car, Nicole repeatedly told her grandmother not to see them out. Her usual emotionless eyes turned gentle as she said, "Grandma, I will come back to see you.”
"Okay."
Mrs. Wallace Sr. nodded with tears in her eyes and then reluctantly let go of Nicole's hand and watched her get into the car.
As the car drove on, Nicole retracted her gaze only when Mrs. Wallace Sr. nodded with tears in her eyes and then reluctantly let go of Nicole's hand and watched her get into the car.
As the car drove on, Nicole retracted her gaze only when Mrs. Wallace Sr. grew smaller and smaller before disappearing in the rearview mirror.
"If you want, you can take her to San Joto and live with her. I will arrange a place for her to settle down," Sean said with concern when he saw the pain in her eyes.
"It is okay. Everyone knows each other in the small town. She will not get used to it when she goes to San Joto.” Otherwise, she would have asked her
grandmother to go with her a long time ago.
Not expecting that Nicole was so thoughtful, Sean started to feel sorry and like her even more.
He said nothing further and gave her some space.
Nicole looked out the window as the town she had been living in was getting farther and farther away behind her.
After leaving her grandmother, she would no longer have to conceal herself.
The car drove on for hours before they finally reached San Joto.
"Here we are. Dad and Mom are waiting for you." Sean pointed toward the Riddle family house.
She did not know who the Riddle family was, but judging by the manor and the massive house that no ordinary people could afford, she could tell that they must be super-rich.
But Nicole was not as excited and surprised as girls from other ordinary families would react. She just nodded gently.
After the rest of them got out of the car, she followed Sean into the house.
As she walked past the oil painting gallery by the door, the family butler gave her a tour and explained the famous paintings, all of which were of great value.
Nicole looked at them and thought to herself quietly, not revealing anything on her face.
Two of these famous paintings were fake, but the quality of the imitation was not half bad. No one except her and two other experts in the world could tell that these two paintings were fake.
After a while, they came to a hall where Nicole saw three people.
A couple, neatly dressed, was sitting on the sofa and a young girl about her age was on the side.
"Grandpa, Mom, Dad. I have brought my sister back."
As soon as Sean's voice trailed off, Gloria Holder and Daniel Riddle saw a tall girl walk in behind Sean.
The girl was slim, her skin delicate like gelatin.
Although she dressed simply, she was graceful with beautiful eyes. People simply could not take their eyes off her when they saw her.
The moment Gloria saw Nicole, her eyes welled up instantly. "It is her; it is my daughter!"Bloodline was something amazing. Even though Gloria had not seen Nicole for many years, she could recognize the girl in front of her to be Nicole, her biological daughter, at first glance.
Nicole also had this special feeling. So, when Gloria rushed over and hugged her, she did not resist.
"Oh, Nicole, I have finally found you." Gloria choked up. "It was my fault for not protecting you well enough. I was to blame for your abduction."
So, her abduction was real.
Nicole used to wonder why her family abandoned her. Was it because she was a daughter? Now knowing that her loved ones cared about her, Nicole's heart softened, and the look on her face was not as stony as when they first met.
"Mom, let sis sit down first. We have come all the way home, and she should be tired by now." Sean reminded Gloria thoughtfully.
"Right, right. I am just too happy." Gloria agreed but did not let go of her grip. She sat Nicole down.
Seeing the entire family surrounding Nicole, a hint of jealousy flashed in the eyes of the girl next to them. But the girl quickly put on a smile. "Nicole must be thirsty. Let me pour you a glass of water."
Only then everyone remembered the girl, Norah Riddle. Seeing Norah so thoughtful, Gloria could not help but feel warmhearted. "Norah is so thoughtful."
Norah looked a little bashful as she said, "My sister has just returned from the countryside. I should take care of her more."
"Thanks." Nicole shot her a glance as she took the glass from Norah.
Sean noticed Nicole's gaze and made the introduction. "Nicole, this is Norah, whom I have mentioned on the way."
"Ahh," Nicole responded.
Sean mentioned that Gloria and Daniel had not continued to look for Nicole because they had found a child with a birthmark behind her ear in the third year of Nicole's abduction. So, they mistook Norah as their daughter and did not continue the search.
It was not until recently that the police suddenly informed them that the DNA data uploaded years ago had a match. The Riddle family knew they had identified the wrong person. But Norah had been in the Riddle family for so many years, and Gloria and Daniel could not bear to send her away summarily. So, they let Norah stay, promising to help her find her family later.
In other words, they would need to spend some time under the same roof.
"Nice to meet you, Nicole.” Norah held out her hand with a friendly smile.
Nicole had a cold temperament and did not like physical contact with people. She was not too warmed up to seeing her parents again, let alone facing strangers. So, she ignored Norah’s hand and just nodded at her. "Nice to meet you."
Norah's hand stayed in the air, and she looked at Gloria and Daniel with a hint of hurt feeling in her eyes. It was like Nicole had bullied her.
Sean frowned. "Nicole is introverted. Please don't mind."
Norah bit her lip with a stoic but thoughtful look. "I understand. I have lived using her identity for so many years. She has a reason to hate me. I am fine, Sean."
Norah’s words instantly had everyone's attention on her.
"No, Norah, don't overthink." Gloria looked at Norah, feeling sorry for her. Even though Norah was not her biological daughter, she had raised her and still loved her.
Nicole smirked, hating to see Norah making a fuss while saying hello. This person was really interesting.
"You look hurt and assume that I hate you while saying hello. If it weren't for the presence of my parents and brothers, they might have thought I
bullied you."
The other three people stayed silent upon hearing what Nicole said. 

This is it for today meet you next time 😉☺️