chapter 11

"You all had not gotten up when I went out for the morning exercise. Besides, I told the family butler." Nicole looked nonchalantly at Norah , wanting to see what other charges Norah could dish out at her.

"But-"

" It's just a small matter . There is no need to make a fuss about it . Let's all sit down and have breakfast ." Daniel suddenly interrupted before Norah could continue.

Norah's face changed dramatically. In the past , she used to joke like this, grumbling about her brothers for making their parents worry about them, and her father had  never reproved her like this.

But everything changed after Nicole returned . Feeling hurt Norah suddenly said , "Does Dad think I am nosy ? But I have been doing this while. Did I do it wrong?" Norah was born with an adorable face and looked pitiful as soon as her eyes welled up . Daniel could not help but wonder if he has said things too harshly.

But Nicole , who was standing on the sidelines, had lost patience with Norah's acting . "You did the right thing, but I am not the replica of you."

What Nicole said caused Daniel and Gloria to remember that they must accept the difference between Nicole and Norah.

"Nicole is right.  Mom will not treat you like replica of anyone , as long as you are happy to be yourself". Gloria reached out to help Nicole sort  her sideburns . She only wanted her daughters to be happy,and nothing else mattered.

But all this looked different in Norah's eyes.

Before this , she would try to do her best , trying to please Gloria and Daniel in whatever she did ,as she was afraid that such a good life would just be a dream . When the dream ended she would return to previous hard days .

Now , her fears had come true . Their biological daughter was back , and they indulged Nicole no matter what she did . But what about her ? Had all her previous efforts been in vain?  

Norah felt miserable and no longer cared  to keep her image as good elder sister .

She turned around and said, "Mom,Dad , please enjoy your meal , but I  will have to go upstairs first. "

"Norah...... " Gloria tried to stop her , but Daniel stopped her , motioning for  her to take care of Nicole's feelings .

Afraid tha Nicole would feel left out in the cold . Gloria stayed and looked at Nicole . "Look at you , you are drenched in sweat . Go get changed , and then come down for breakfast ."

"Okay" Nicole did not want to make her parents life any harder , either so she turned and went upstairs .

Seeing that both daughters were gone , Daniel said ,"Do you now know why Dad asked you to send Norah away earlier?"

This is it for today meet you next time . 😴😴