chapter 14

Norah was really upset, her teeth almost sinking into her lip. But she had to put a fake gentle smile as she followed behind the two .

When they arrived home , the three of them noticed a luxury car that they have never seen before parked up in front of the door .

Feeling curious, Gloria entered with her two daughters and saw a well dressed man sitting across Daniel.

Even if the man was not facing them directly, his extraordinary charm made it impossible for people to take their eyes off him .

Norah had never seen such a good-looking man before . She rushed up to Gloria and said ,"Mom , who is that person?"

Gloria shook her head and walked in."Hey Daniel."

When Daniel saw Gloria and his daughters, he quickly got up and Introduced them." Jared, this is my wife ,and this is my younger daughter. "

As Daniel introduced Nicole to Jared Johnston , the affection on his face was plain to see .

Norah was waiting for Daniel to introduce her , but Daniel did not even spare her a glance .

Jared's glacial eyes swept over three of them ,and then he stood up and nodded to Nicole. "Hello,I am Jared."

Jared's words startled Gloria and Norah .

The friendship between the  Johnston and Riddle families spanned across generations. Mr. Johnston Sr. and Mr. Riddle Sr. had made a marriage arrangement for their grandchildren in the early years, and Jared was the fiance Norah had  been hearing about but had never met . Jared had been studying abroad before.

She did not expect that when Jared finally returned to the country , she was no longer the daughter of the Riddle family.

Noticing that Jared was staring at Nicole , jealousy turned into thorn pricking Norah in the heart . She felt hurt even when breathing. It was all Nicole's fault for not coming back at the right time. Otherwise , she would be the only person Jared saw now.

"Nicole."

The man infront of her was truly charming, but Nicole simply responded with her name and said nothing else .

Gloria felt awkward but guessed that Nicole had just returned , not knowing who Jared was . So, she quickly explained," Nicole is simple and forthright hope you don't mind."

Jared could not help but take a second look at Nicole. "It is alright . I like such a forthright personality."

What he said elated Daniel and Gloria.

Jared was the most outstanding grandchild of the Johnston family . It would be great if Nicole could get his likes.

Nicole looked at Jared's dark eyes and felt that there was more to this man than met the eye . She was good at reading people, but this man had an unfathomable look in the eyes .

The three of them sat down together . Gloria deliberately let Nicole and Jared sit next to each other,and  Norah could only sit by herself.

Nicole felt it weird why was she seated next to a stranger .

Just then, Jared held up the cofee cup and continued . "My grandfather, had not been feeling well recently and wants to meet my fiancee . I know it is odd , but so I am here today."

Nicole was completely dumbfounded. "Fiancee?" What the hell was going on?

This is it for today meet you next time.
😉😜