.6

After another successful landing, Lara and Fanboy sat listening along the channel to the others who were successfully being hit by Maverick

Lara's heart was in her mouth listening to Rooster tail out, causing panic for everyone in the air.

"What's the story?" She heard, whilst her eyes were fixated on Maverick landing safely. From afar, she could join the count for Roosters push ups if she wanted to.

Hangman placed himself beside her, intrigued by the girl.

He couldn't work out whether he was intrigued by her and her glory, or more intrigued by the fact she hadn't fallen to his feet like the other aviator females. It bored him, really - in a non-obsessed way. He knew he put on a front, but it didn't bother him the attention. He just knew he had a reputation to play up to. Hangman wanted to be remembered in some form. But, lockdown had always interested Hangman.

"Between who?"

Hangman chuckled, "you and every person here, it feels."

"Does it bother you?" She asked, turning to the man who actually looked interested. "I think you should be more concerned about watching out for your team rather than being so stuck in your head."

"I was the best up there." He defended, but watched as Lara shook her head.

"You'll never get anywhere if you maintain that thought process. Which would be a shame." Lara replied. She admired his ability and his strength, she thought a lot of Hangman really. But he needed to realign his focus if he wanted to become a true Top Gun Aviator. That was no secret.

"I'm just, I'm intrigued." Hangman informed the girl before him.

"Curiosity killed the cat, I believe." She replied, smiling slightly showing her humour. He then watched her exit their conversation, and the room.

A hand reached his shoulder as Coyote looked down on his friend, "aiming too high there, hangman." He called.

Hondo smiled gently at the young pilot who approached, carrying her helmet alongside.

"One-hundred and twelve..."  Hondo muttered as he gave up and shook his head. He passed Lara as he smiled and left the pair to it.

"Breaking the hard deck, insubordination." She called as she stood over the troubled man. "Are you  trying to get kicked out?"

Rooster stopped. Pulling himself back to a sitting position. "Don't worry about it."

This stubbornness would never get him anywhere. It would hold him back. Bradley Bradshaw was going to be great. If he could learn to move on.

"Look," Lara called. "I'm going on this mission."

"Not now, Lockdown." He tried. He didn't want to face her, he couldn't cope.

Ignoring Rooster, Lara continued. "But if you get kicked out, you leave us flying with Hangman."