.10

A

A.N: play - I Ain't Worried, OneRepublic...

"Lara?" Jake called as he looked down towards the girl, asleep in his arms before him. "Lara, your phone." He called.

"Not a morning person." She groaned, unhappy with being woken up. However, the warmth his arms offered made her feel slightly at home. "Not even with you next to me."

Jake chucked, "I'll take the compliment. But, it's been ringing constantly for the last 5 minutes and I don't want to answer to your 'Pops' on your behalf at-" he checked his watch "-at 7.29am. Understandable, I'd say." He joked and she groaned at the thought of facing another day of stress. He kissed her head as she rolled her from one side to the other, bringing her closer to the exit and her mobile. Lara groaned once more before opening her eyes to find Jake smiling down upon her. "Id like to stay put forever."

"Stop being so wet." She joked, but had a smile plastered across her face at the same time. She rose from the bed as she looked around for her belongings. "We'll do this again, sometime." She called as she gathered everything before looking back at the boy watching her.

"Lara, I just-"

"I've got to go." She called as she reached for the door. Nerves suddenly rushing through her veins. But, an outstretched hand held her back and pulled her into a warm embrace once more. Jake kissed her head, again. A very warm feeling. One she had almost craved for, without realising. "Thank you, for everything."

"I don't want you to think I'm just going to play around, Lara. I know it's not the time for a deep chat or anything like that. But, I just really I mean I want you to know that I just think-"

Lara chuckled as his nerves clearly as evident as her own. "I want to, I want to see where it goes." She calmly responded and watched his eyes widen slightly at her response.

"Good." He replied. Relieved. "Good, okay great. Because I want to just show you that this is different. I promise." He confirmed. Nodding after his words as if he couldn't believe what they were discussing, briefly. "Okay, go." He called, as he kissed her cheek quickly and watched her smile brightly up at her. She nodded, and exited quietly - hoping to avoid the others. She didn't need to questions or opinions, not yet.

Lara knew Ice wouldn't be calling her purely for a catch up. She knew he kept tabs, regardless to his countless objections. He had always respected her career decision and drive, but that didn't mean he didn't want to keep an eye on what she was doing. But he remained true to his words, he never interfered - despite what she thought all the times she had ended up in trouble.

It was her own reputation that kept her in the Navy... 99% of it. The other 0.5% was split between Ice and Maverick. But she could secretly accept that.

"Hi S," Lara greeted as she gently shut the door behind her. "Oh, that's not a happy look." She added as she faced her crying aunt.

'Here she is' Ice spoke through the computer as he stood leaning on the door frame. 'Don't ruin the moment, dear.' He added as he gently smiled towards his better half.