.4

Lara had taken a few moments out

Something about the feeling of this environment concerned her.

This was not going to be a usual programme.

"Thought I'd find you here..." Called an old friend as Lara's eyes switched from herself in the mirror to greet Phoenix, leaning on the door frame behind her. "Hiding?"

Lara turned to engulf her friend in her small arms, embracing her tightly.

"My god, it's good to see you." She greeted, letting Phoenix go and stepping back to lean against the counter. "More like mentally preparing myself, if I'm honest."

"Brave face." Lara knew what Phoenix was referring to. But also knew Phoenix would not be aware Bradley Bradshaw was back on land.

"Roosters been called, too." She informed Natasha, who's smile faltered at the news. "So, perhaps I should say brave face to you too." Jested Lara, trying to brighten up the news.

Lara had always been aware of Natasha's feelings towards Bradley.

They had all been in college together and spent many hours romanticising over the Aviator adventures that they would have together. Phoenix had always been honest with Lara, and with her own feelings regarding Bradley Bradshaw.

He held a special place within Natasha's heart.

The three of them had been together when they decided their pilot call signs, although Rooster had always decided on his - it was practically his first word.

Hearing the loud cheering from outside the bathroom, both girls looked back towards each other. "Ready, Lockdown?"

"Always." Lara responded. Turning back to the mirror and straightening her jacket.

The pair exited and made their way towards the bar, excellently timing with the entrance of Payback, Fanboy, and a few others.

"There's a face I never grow tired of seeing!" Called Payback. He embraced Lara tightly as he swilled her around. Never subtle. "Look what the tide dragged in" he called as they approached the pool table to meet Coyote and Hangman.

"Well, what do we have here?" Called Coyote as he greeted the group. "If it ain't Lockdown."

Hangman tapped Coyote, "and here I thought we were special, Coyote." He cried. "Turns out the invite went to everyone."

Rolling her eyes, Lara spoke. "Fella's - this here is Bagman-"

"Hangman."

"Whatever." She replied to his interjection. "Well, lads. You're looking at the only naval aviator on active duty with a confirmed air-to-air kill."

"Stop." Hangman exaggerated his pretence of admiration.

"Mind you, the other guy was in a museum piece from the Korean war." She added as she turned to greet the other Aviator.