.9

Lara's face ached

Lara's face ached. As did her head. And her whole body from losing all the energy to deal with the ongoing conflict.

"Something's going to have to give." Phoenix hummed as she sat beside her friend.

Fanboy sighed as he watched his friend close her eyes for a moment. "I wish I could take some of the pain away." He called, watching over Lockdown.

"I can cope." Lara defended, but smiled at her dearest friend.

"Talking of coping, we need to chat about you and your extra curricular activities... don't you think."

Lara sighed, smiling though. "Nothing suspicious about it. Just two friends. Two pals."

Fanboy scoffed, but keeping a smile on his face as he did really care about her. They were family. More than family. "Debatable, but I'll drop it for now."

He thought the world of her, he really did. Everyone around the girl thought more than enough of her, she was an incredible person.

The best part was that she was one of those who genuinely, innocently, didn't realise the impact she had on her surroundings.

She was just very normal in her eyes. Normal wasn't a bad thing though.

Lara looked down on her phone as it buzzed. 'I am so sorry, I hope you're not too bruised?' It read. She smiled as she liked that he had given her enough space but still thought to check in with her. She knew it was her fault really - she decided to get involved at the last minute. She just didn't really want to end up with the bruises, it should have been the lads really. 'But I bet you look good with bruises...' he added, making her slightly blush. Only slightly. 'Not in a freaky abusing way, I promise.' He further clarified.

'I'm fine, thanks for checking... freak' she responded. Trying to play it very very slightly cool.

There was a knock at the hospital door as the three were interrupted from conversation, "Mind if I take over watch duty?" Called Rooster, a very sorry looking one at that.

Fanboy and Phoenix both turned back towards the patient, looking for an indication of what to do. Sighing, Lara nodded as if signalling it was ok for the change of watch. She remained quiet.

"Any issues, just call." Fanboy commanded as he seriously spoke, watching Lara smile brightly at her caring friend in acknowledgment of his orders. She then watched as both Phoenix and Fanboy left, not forgetting to send a very unfriendly look towards an apologetic Rooster upon their exit.

Bradley Bradshaw felt awful to say the least.

The pair sat in silence for a couple of moments.

It had been a while since they'd sat within such close proximity, just the pair of them.

They felt so familiar with one another.

"I'm so sorry." Rooster stated, unable to look up at the girl.