.7

Hangman opened the door as the pair approached the bar, "after you, my dear

Hangman opened the door as the pair approached the bar, "after you, my dear." He called as his hand beckoned Lara through. "You grab a table, I'll grab the drinks" he continued and Lara chuckled as his orders, "only if you want to I mean-"

"Sounds ideal." She cut him off as she walked away from the mumbling boy.

Lara found a bench overlooking the beach, placing her belongings down and looking over at Jake as he ordered the drinks.

She'd always liked this side of him.

Lara Mitchell had enrolled and began her journey in the same squadron as Bradley Bradshaw, Jake Seresin, and Natasha Trace. Granted, they were from different background and had different stories, but they were friendly enough to say hello to one another.

Apart from Bradshaw and Mitchell, they were inseparable.

Mitchell and Seresin hardly said two words to each other for many months. Lara was very focused on the books, and he was more focused on the lifestyle.

That being said, Lara had not gone unnoticed to him.

Jake spent time trying to learn about the girl, before she left for deployment. He'd asked her to study a few times, so the pair ended up chatting a lot of shit across from each other in the training room late at night.

They did get on.

Jake was aware of her opinion on his attitude though. But, he couldn't help it.

"Haven't spat in it have you?" Lara joked as a beer was placed before her. "I think I'd rather poison if there's an option is all."

"I'm not that bad, surely" Hangman tried as he held his hands up to the air.

Lara shook her head as the pair watched the sea before them be welcomed by the sand. "No, not when there's no crowd around you."

"What do you mean?"

She took a sip of her beer. "You play up to the crowd. You know this."

"I'm a sucker for the attention, that's all." He replied as the pair discussed his attitude. "But never mind me, when did anyone fancy mentioning Bradshaw Senior flew with Maverick?"

Lara sighed, "probably the same time they fancied mentioning Pete Mitchell is my father rather than my uncle."

"Ah yes, the best kept secret across the navy. All thanks to Ice."

"You know, I think that's how I know you're a good person really."

Hangman cocked his brow, "how so?"

"Well, you've known that for a long time yet you never mention it. You don't really mean any harm. I'd say, your bark is worse than your bite." She called, as she then took another sip from the bottle.

This was the truth, Lara didn't think badly of Jake Seresin. But he did not help himself in multiple situations.

He was happy to admit that, too.