Chapter Two

Kathleen’s P.O.V
It was the next day and it was the first day of classes and after I had gotten something to eat, I had gone over the plans I had for my classes before people started walking into the room and once I made sure that everyone was there, I soon began the class and had everyone write an essay about what they know or remember so far about the History and as soon as I was done talking, they began writing as I gave them the entire class to write. After the first few classes were over, everyone was doing what they wanted during study break and I was in my classroom looking through the Essey’s before I heard someone rush into the room before seeing that it was Remus and the kids before I furrowed my brows, “what’s wrong? Did something happen? Are you two hurt?” I asked them as I began to worry a little, “no, they’re fine. We came to show you this.” Remus said before he put something on the desk before seeing that it was about Sirius as people have seen him in Dufftown knowing that if he kept this up, he’s going to get himself caught, “he’s getting closer to that school” I said to him, “can you two give me and your mother some time to talk alone?” Remus asked them before the both of them walked away, “what do you think he’s escaped for? He wouldn’t have done it without a reason.” he said to me, “I don’t know but don’t think it’s because of Harry.” I said to him, “Do you think he’s after Peter?” He asked me, “That’s the only thing that makes sense, I mean think about it, why would he want to come after Harry?” I said to him, “I see your point. If it’s because of that, he needs to be more careful or it's going to get worse for him.” he said to me and I sighed, “I know, that’s one of the last things I want to happen.” I said to him and after talking about it, the kids came over and they sat with me as I helped them with a few things before they had to leave for their next class of the day. Later that day, classes were over before I continued looking over everyone’s work from today before Remus walked into the room before he sat down in front of me, “how was your first day?” I asked him, “it was rather enjoyable. Although, Harry’s Boggart was a Dementor and I ended up being in front of him and not facing it before the Boggart changed and eventually dismissed the class.” he said to me, “why didn’t you let him face it?” I asked him, “I don’t know, I think it was because of what happened on the train the night before.” he said to me and I sighed a little, “I know you were probably protecting him from it but he’s never going to learn how to if you keep doing that.” I said to him, “I know, I guess It was some kind of instinct or something.” He said to me, “you should help him outside of class.” I suggested to him, “are you talking about the Patronus Charm?” he asked me and I nodded, “yeah, I know it’s advanced but it would be worth a shot.” I said to him, “I’ll think about it.” he said to me before the both of us eventually walked out of the room and we eventually bumped into the kids before we decided to walk outside for a while, “the both look a lot like Sirius you know. Well, maybe not Regulus, he looks a lot like you except for the hair.” he said to me, “yeah, I see that. Seraphina looks like him the most though” I said to him, “yeah she does.” he said as I watched the both of them run around and after a while, the four of us eventually made it back inside just before dinner and we eventually did our own thing for the rest of the night as I spent the rest of my night in my room.

It was another day and it was the first Hogsmeade tip of the year and I had signed both forms for Regulus and Seraphina and I was also one of the chaperones for the trip as well and I noticed that Harry was staying behind and I decided to talk to Minerva about it, “did Harry not get his form signed?” I asked her, “I’m afraid he didn’t.” she said to me, “would I be able to sign it for him?” I asked her and it looked like she thought about it, “considering you are his Godmother, I don’t see an issue so be quick.” she said to me before I went over to Harry, “give the form” I said to him, “what, why?” he asked “you’ll thank me later.” I said before grabbing it and signing it for him, “I thought a parent or a Guardian had to sign.” he said to me, “technically, yes but considering your parents made me your Godmother, I suppose it’s an exception.” I said to him before giving him the form, “thanks.” he said to me before he rushed to the other’s and I smiled a little before I noticed Remus walked up next to me, “are you a chaperone?” he asked me, “yup. You?” I said to him, “yeah, let’s get going shall we” he said before we made it before the they left without us and once we made it to Hogsmeade, I quickly went into Honeydukes and got some Chocolate for Remus just incase he was running out before I walked around the Village as everyone else walked in and out of the shops before I had gone into the Three Broomsticks to get something to Drink along with Remus and the kids and as soon as I walked out, I noticed them walking up before I smiled at them, “anyone thirsty?” I questioned, “you didn’t have to.” Remus said as he took the Butterbeer before the kids took theirs, “I also got you something else.” I said before showing him, “thanks, I was running out.” he said to me and I smiled a little before both of us continued walking around the entire time and the kids had gotten a few things from some of the shops around the Village and I’m glad that they were having fun before my thoughts went to Sirius, “what’s wrong?” I heard Remus ask me and I sighed a little, “I’m just worried about the situation with Sirius. I don’t want him to get caught and be sent back. The kids grew up without him long enough and what hurts the most is that Regulus never got to meet him. I mean, they know who he is, I talk about him all the time, I just left out why he was never around because I don’t want them to hate him.” I said to him, “I doubt they will hate him, I’m sure they will understand the reasoning behind it.” he told me, “but what if it ends up being the complete opposite?” I questioned, “then he has to fix that relationship between him and the kids.” He said to me and I sighed a little before we continued to talk about it.

Sirius’s P.O.V
I continued to stay in my Animagus form and for a short while, I kept an eye on Kathleen and the kids before I later left and managed to sneak into the Castle before managing making my way to the Gryffindor Common Room and once I got there, the Lady in the portrait screamed before scratched it before seeing I left large claw marks in her Portrait before hearing everyone panic and I managed to get out and far away from the Castle before I decided to make it to the Shrieking Shack before I managed to write a note to Kathleen hoping that she gets it before the sun starts setting and Ijust sat there thinking to myself about how much I’ve missed in the last 12 years of being locked up and I couldn’t help be feel angry about it all knowing that my children grew up without me there and not knowing me as well as their mother has and this was the first time in years that I’ve felt alone in the world and after some time had passed, I noticed some people walking up before seeing the people I didn’t expect to see and in that moment, I just wanted to hug her and shortly after seeing her there, I quickly went over to her and hugged her before the both of us spent the night in our Animagus forms with Remus.