Chapter 41

A/N

Thanks guys for supporting this fanfic, I promise not to "kill" Sarah's character hehe...

Please don't forget to vote, comment, fan me and stay with me as I write the remaining chapters of this story.

I hope you enjoyed their story.

Play the music "The Air that I Breathe" by Olivia Newton John when you read this..thanks >>>>

*****************************

Sarah's POV

I was awakened in the middle of the night, I was asleep next to Gerald who's chest is heaving up and down.

I was facing him on my side, and just looking at him, the night light on my side makes it easier for me to see him.

He looks so peaceful, I was tempted to touch him but I was afraid to wake him up, so I controlled the urge to touch him and just feasted my eyes on him instead.

His thick eyebrows, his eyelashes, his nose, his lips- a hint of stubble on his face, he is a picture of peace.

I feel an unimaginable joy merely lying down next to him...my own piece of heaven. Being with him makes me at peace, contented, fulfilled.

If there is no cure for my sickness, him-by my side is strengthening me, making me feel alive..it is a different feeling. I guess I have been waiting for this moment all along and now that he is finally here with me, I feel complete.

My heart is beating fast, if only he knows how much I love him. If only he knows how much I want us to stay like this forever, I would. I would give anything to forever but I know even those who doesn't have any sickness can be taken away from their lovedones abruptly- so I can't complain and want forever when I know it is just a wishful thinking.

At least they are prepared for whatever is to happen and I am fine by that.

I smiled, God is good to me, he always has.

I prayed and prayed and He gave me Gerry and now, finally Gerald.

I am complete.

My family is complete.

Thank you Lord.

I said in silence, Thank you Lord.

I gently wrap my arm on Gerald's waist, and pressed myself closer to him. Being this close makes me feel invincible, that nothing can go wrong- I feel safe with him, it's as if I have always belonged in his arms like this.

I can feel his warmth, his heartbeat- and hearing it makes me happy- it seems to say he loves me and I know it's true, I know he loves me, just like what my heartbeat says I love him.

Cheesy I thought, but I guess that's what love's effect is sometimes when you are really in love, true love.

I smiled and closed my eyes- feeling him, it felt like we're one-like this. I feel like I could drift away as long as he is holding me like this.

I was in mid-sleep when I felt his arms pulling me tighter, he wasn't awake- but he whispers.." My Sarah..mahal na mahal kita..." and then kissed my hair.

A tear fell on my cheek, it was wonderful hearing it even when he is asleep he thinks of me...

My Sarah, he said.

I love it, his possessiveness.

Because that's exactly how I feel..

My Gerald.

He is my piece of heaven...

The air that I breathe.

*****************

Thanks guys! :-)