Chapter 40

Sarah and Gerald were still watching tv when there was a knock on the door. 

Hesitating to let go of Sarah pressed against him, he stood up to open the door.

It was Gerald's family- Nanay, his Dad, Janus and Ikay!

Gerald smiled widely and hugged each of them.

"Nay, Dad..Ikay..Janus..great to see you!" Gerald greets them. He ushered them inside to where Sarah is. Sarah stood up smiling.

"Wow Ate Sarah, hindi ka pa rin nagbabago! Ang ganda ganda mo pa rin!" Ikay exclaimed as she gives her a hug.

"Ikay, right..wow...thank you ha...ikaw rin pero dalaga ka na ah...parang kailan lang.." Sarah said eyeing everyone else.

"Have a seat Dad, Nanay...si Sarah po..Sarah..my dad, and si Nanay..you've met Ikay and Janus before.." Gerald introduced everybody.

Gerald's mother embraced Sarah..."Hello anak...ang ganda mo nga pala talaga...hindi ka nga talaga makakalimutan nitong si Gerald...

Sarah laughs looking at Gerald.

"Nay..wag nyo naman akong ibinubuking dyan..." Gerald quips blushing all over again.

Then it was Gerald's dad to hug Sarah.

"Hi Sarah, you are beautiful, welcome to the family.." he said and hugs and kisses her on the cheeks.

"Thank you...likewise Mr. Reynolds..Tita.." Sarah said awkwardly, unsure what to call them.

"Nanay na lang Sarah, and Dad na lang ..." Gerald said eyeing her awkwardness.

She nodded.

"Hi Ate Sarah, sabi ko na nga ba magiging Ate kita...unang kita pa lang namin nina Kuya non alam kong destiny kayo..." Janus said which made Gerald redder than he already is.

Sarah laughed. 

"Haha nakakatuwa ka pa rin Janus kahit kailan...I'm glad you're right..."Sarah said.

"Hey hey tigilan nyo na yang pambubuking nyo..anyways, how was your flight Dad..?" Gerald asks when they were all seated, him sitting next to Sarah while Ikay and Janus were on the other side and his mom and dad on the other.

"It was okay- not bad...so when are we going to meet the little one?" Gerald's dad said excitedly..

"Oo nga naman, alam mo ba Sarah, na matagal ko nang kinukulit itong si Gerald ng apo..aba'y mabuti na lang at meron na pala...huwag mong isiping ayaw ka naming makita ha...pero gumagana ang pagka-lolo at lola namin eh..." Gerald's mom said excitedly.

"Wala ho yon..naiintindihan ko ho...maya maya ho andito na yon...nasa labas lang sandali..." Sarah said smiling.

"Don't worry Dad, Nay..when you see her you wouldn't want to let go of her- she is THAT  cute!" Gerald said proudly.

"Yes, we saw her picture Sarah, she looks so much like Gerald when he was a baby..but of course, she is the pretty version of him...by the way, how are you feeling? Maybe you need to rest..we can go to our rooms first and then come back later to meet Gerry and then we can all go out for dinner tonight.." Mr. Reynolds said to her and then to Gerald.

"I think that's a great idea..that way Sarah can rest a bit more and then you guys can settle down in your room.. what floor are you?" Gerald asks.

"Same floor din, we requested it to be in the same floor...para easier for us to coordinate..anyways, you go ahead and rest Sarah, Gerald can take us to our room and then he can come back here with you.." Mr. Reynolds said.

"Ok, Mr...D-dad..see you guys later...Tita..." Sarah said.

"Sige Sarah...I will be back shortly okay...promise.." Gerald said.

Sarah nodded and waved to them as she closes the door.

She can't help but lighten up, Gerald's family makes her happy,too- just like her family. She is thankful she is surrounded with happy people. It makes her life easier.

Thanks God, she uttered. Thank you God.

After ten minutes, Gerald is back.

"So, what do you think? I told you they love you...although of course, they are excited to see Gerry.." Gerald said as he sat next to Sarah.

"Oo nga...I am just happy Ge...salamat...salamat at nandito ka na, kayo...I want to live...I want to live longer to be with your family, my family..our family..." Sarah said emotionally and she rested her head again on his shoulders.

Gerald bit his lip, trying hard not to shed tears, moments like this makes him vulnerable- forcing him to accept the fact that one day, she will be gone...he prayed hard for it not to be that soon...Please God not that soon...let us enjoy our time together- as a family.

He kissed her hair and hugged her tight. As if doing that, never letting her go would assure him that she would never leave them..him. 

He closed his eyes, and the tear fell- one after another, he can't control it...he just let it flow on his cheeks and then hugged her tighter.

Then he pulled her to face him, and kissed her lips- gently, wanting her, loving her with his kisses- Sarah felt his cheeks damp, and then she,too cried as they kiss. 

In a moment like this, when their love is the only thing in between them- where the future doesn't matter..only living in the now.