Chapter Four

‘How long did you go out with her?’ I slurred. Zayn and I hadn’t said very much while we walked to his apartment but I kept thinking about Zayn and this girl Taylor, he didn’t seem like the type to have girlfriends…more like a buck it and chuck it kind of guy. He stared at me for a long time as if he was trying to figure out what I was talking about then he realised.

‘About eight months, but six of them she cheated. Whatever.’ He shrugged his shoulders and stared ahead while holding onto my hand tightly, as if I wasn’t allowed to get away. I liked it.

‘Did you love her?’ I asked him. I needed to stop being so ballsy when I was drunk because I would end up getting a slap one day.  He laughed at my question and I didn’t understand what was so funny.

‘You’re full of questions.’ He said and I smirked. ‘I don’t love. It’s not my thing. She was kind of just there I suppose to keep me company. I’m not good on my own.’ I was surprised at his honesty seeing as he didn’t know me that well but then again maybe he assumed I wouldn’t remember it tomorrow. It was surprising to hear him say ‘I’m not good on my own’ because he lives on his own and he seems like the type of person who would spend a lot of time by them self. Maybe he meant on his own emotionally rather than physically.

‘It’s not my thing either.’ I said which made him stare at me intently.

‘You look like you can take care of yourself.’ He said and I nodded in agreement.

‘Because I do take care of myself.’ I looked at him and he was frowning, as if he felt sorry for me. It was true though. I depended on myself a lot and only ever asked for help when mum threw me out and that was simply so I had a bed to sleep in. Yeah my dad gave me money, but he wasn’t physically here to look after me like he did when I was younger. Zayn let go on my hand and put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his body and putting my hair behind my ear.

‘I don’t mind taking care of you.’ He whispered. His breath was warm on my skin as he smiled seductively at me. My heart was beating fast and butterflies were flying around my stomach, nobody had ever said something half as kind to me. We arrived at his flat and we stood outside as he searched for the keys in his pocket and opened the door.

‘How long ago did you go out with that girl Taylor?’ I asked him and he stopped in the middle of his actions to think about it.

‘Emm, nearly two years ago I think.’  We walked up the stairs of the apartment and he opened the second door before leading us in.

‘Have you had any other girlfriends since then?’ I asked,

‘No. You talk a lot.’ He said. I giggled as he lifted me by the hips, wrapping my legs around his waist and leaning me against the wall. He pressed slow, long kisses on my lips before grazing his tongue over my bottom lip. I allowed him access and our lips and tongues moved in sync making the atmosphere heated and intense. He carried me into his room and placed me on the bed, my arms were still wrapped around his neck as I moved up the bed, taking him with me. I had no idea what was going to happen but I just decided to go with it. He rested in between my legs while my fingers fisted the longer part of his hair at the top of his head. He tasted like cigarettes and alcohol which surprisingly I liked. His hands travelled up my legs and under my skirt, slowly groping my centre and brushing his fingers along the insides of my thighs. Whenever a boy touched me like this before I felt violated and would do anything to get away but with Zayn it was different, I felt safe and comfortable. One hand travelled up my body and slowly cupped my right breast, his touch was electric and I didn’t want him to stop. I probably would have sex with him if he hadn’t have stopped when he did. After a while of feeling each other up above our clothes he give me one last soft kiss on my lips before getting off the bed and going to his drawers. I lay in awe of what just happened, yeah it was pretty PG13 but it was crazy to think somebody this gorgeous was giving me the time of day.