Chapter Eight

Mia, Faye, Aimee and I walked along the path that led us to the abandoned house. We walked with a large group of people that we usually hung out with at the OT or came to the parties Aimee would throw.  I dressed in denim shorts and a high necked crop top which had a blue and peach Aztec print and converse on my feet. My friends dressed similar in leggings or shorts as these raves always became over packed and the temperature was always high so less clothing meant less heat. We all met up at a girl called Raya’s house who we knew from back at school, she had supplied oceans of alcohol so therefore my friends and I were already drunk. I hadn’t seen Zayn since the day after we had our date and the one day I had asked him did he want to meet up, he said he was busy and I hadn’t spoke to him since. He was quite secretive, he would never say where he was or what he was doing which I suppose was something he didn’t have to tell me seeing as I wasn’t his girlfriend but even in general conversation he would never say. I couldn’t care less if he showed up or not tonight; my plan was to pull as many fit boys as possible with the help of my single friends and completely forget about Zayn.  

‘I can hear the music from here.’ Faye shrieked while she clinged to her boyfriend Gareth’s hand. Our large group began jumping around and dancing to the loud music that could be heard in the distance. We arrived outside a large house that was three stories high and definitely had least ten different rooms in it. There were crowds of people outside so it was obvious that inside was packed. My friends and I looked at each other in disbelief because we had never been to something that compared in any way. We entered the house and the only source of light was the strobe lights or the UV paint plastered on the walls and peoples bodies. Immediately we saw Gary, the guy who was responsible for the entire thing; we knew him from around town so we approached him.

‘Alright girls! Did you just get here?’ He asked. It was quite obvious he was completely off his face on god knows what.

‘Yeah, this is absolutely wicked Gaz!’ Aimee said while giving him a hug. He looked her up and down, making it obvious that he thought she looked good so no doubt they would be together by the end of the night.

‘Dan has the UV paint; you’ll look out of place without it!’ Gary pointed towards a tall boy who would have been around twenty or twenty one. He had light brown hair which was short at the sides and longer on top and green eyes. His arms flexed in his short sleeved t-shirt as he helped some girls apply some paint. I remembered that Zayn’s best friend was called Dan but I doubted this was the same one, even though Gary was friends with Zayn also. We approached Dan and he was really friendly and also quite flirty.

‘If you don’t want to get your hands dirty, I can put it on for you.’ He said to me, his voice was smooth and he gave me a smirk. I was drunk and was on the hunt for the hottest boys around so I didn’t argue. He placed his hands into the separate tins of paint and came towards me, grabbing both thighs and sliding his hands the whole way down to my ankles without breaking eye contact. He reapplied the paint to his hands and left hand prints down my arms then on my stomach.

‘Turn around.’ His voice was like music to my ears and I found myself extremely attracted to him. I did as I was instructed and soon later I felt both his hands squeeze my backside, leaving hand print marks on each side of my shorts. I turned back to him and bit down on my lip causing him to throw me a wink. He leaned forward and held onto my hips.

‘Enjoy your night, maybe I’ll see you later.’ He said and I nodded to let him know I was okay with that. I walked away with my friends who were unable to lift their jaws from the ground.

‘I will ensure that you grind that boy later.’ Mia informed us and we all laughed as we looked for some more alcohol. We drank and drank until we were all completely and utterly pissed. Faye stayed with her boyfriend for a lot of the night which was understandable so Mia, Aimee and I walked around the house to see what each room was like. We would enter the middle of each of the dance floors, dance together and not long later a group of boys would approach us. Most of the time we teased them by dancing too close for comfort before walking away and moving onto the next room but sometimes we would end up kissing them. It was approaching one in the morning and I had pulled three or four boys, god knows what their names were but I just remember they were quite hot. Aimee and Mia had pulled similar numbers by this stage as well so we were all feeling pretty pleased with ourselves. We entered a room that we had been in previously and noticed a lot of the people we had come to the rave with. We approached them and danced to the loud music, so loud that it vibrated in our chests. I felt somebody tug on my wrist and when I turned around it was Dan.