Chapter Three

We stood outside Aimee’s front door as I waited for somebody to answer it. I stared down at my outfit which consisted of high waisted denim shorts, tights and a long sleeved over sized top. My wounded arm was on full display and my make up was most likely a mess so I decided I would fix it all once I got inside.

‘Hiya! Oh..’ Aimee was now in front of us and the sight of Zayn shocked her.

‘Aimee, right?’ Zayn said while pointing to her before wrapping his arms around her waist.

‘Hi, Zayn.’ She narrowed her eyebrows and smirked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and entered the house with her. The music was loud and there was a large amount of people walking around Aimee’s house, her mum was really sound and let her have parties whenever she wanted.

‘Faye and Mia are upstairs. What happened to your arm?’ She took hold of my arm, inspecting the plaster hiding my cut.

‘I fell earlier. Emm can I borrow some clothes and make up, I look like shit.’ I said making the three of us laugh.

‘Of course you can, come with me Zayn we can do some shots.’ She dragged him into the kitchen while he gave me a quick look of worry. I ran upstairs and burst into Aimee’s room to find my friends only half ready for the party that had started twenty minutes before.

‘Hello. What’s your name?’ Faye said. I squinted my eyes at Faye before punching her arm lightly. I hadn’t seen them in two days down to the fact my mum had me looking after a fifteen year old boy also known as Denzel. They had bottles of vodka and other types of alcohol sitting around so we had a few drinks while getting ready. I looked at what they were wearing and they looked really good. Faye was wearing white and black stripped jeans with a black crop top and Mia was wearing denim shorts and a loose top. I rummaged through Aimee’s wardrobe until I found something I liked. I decided on a black skater skirt and a white baggy top seeing as it would go with my black Vans. I stood in front of Aimee’s large mirror as I applied more makeup and fixed my hair.

‘I wish I had your skin colour.’ I looked at Mia and laughed. ‘You don’t need to wear fake tan, ever. If I came in here and peeled off a pair of tights my legs would be whiter than that cabinet.’ She said while pointed to Aimee’s chest of drawers. My friends were always so admiring of my skin tone, my Dad was black and my mum was white so my skin was a mix between the two.

‘Oh yeah, by the way…Zayn’s here.’ I said and my friends stared at me in disbelief.

‘With you?’ Faye shrieked before getting to her feet.

‘Well we came together, yeah.’ I bit down on my lip and their eyes widened even further.

‘What the fuck…Why? How? What?! Explain?’ They cornered me and they weren’t going to let me out of the room until I told them.

‘I bumped into him earlier and I hung out with him today.’ I give them a cheeky grin and they shook their heads in disbelief.

‘This is brilliant. You’re definitely getting a shag tonight.’ Mia said. I widened my mouth and whacked her arm causing the three of to let out a series of giggles. I had done stuff with boys but I had never had sex before and I wasn’t willing to just do with a guy I knew very little about.

‘If he’s lucky, he might get a kiss.’ I stuck my tongue out at my friends and we exited the bedroom laughing. I felt slightly tipsy already and as we walked down the stairs I felt a couple of eyes stare at us, well more at Mia and Faye because they were so beautiful. I walked into the kitchen where Zayn was standing next to Aimee and Chris, getting ready to take what was most likely their tenth or more shot. I stood nearby with Mia; Faye was now sitting on her boyfriend Gareth’s knee as we laughed at the atmosphere around us. We made ourselves a drink each, filling a plastic red up half of vodka and half of the blue alcopop drink called WKD. Aimee noticed us standing nearby and demanded that we joined them for shots. I stood next to Zayn while he looked at me from head to toe.