Chapter Nine

‘Wake up.’ I heard the voice of my mother as she hovered above my bed. I pulled the duvet further up my body so it covered my head but suddenly it was ripped away, the cold air hitting my body.

‘What do you want?’ I croaked. My throat was killing me due to the amount of loud talking and yelling I had done the night before. I was severely hung over and would do anything for my mum to get out of my room.

‘Four am is not a reasonable time to come home at, Danayi.’ She said firmly. She was really angry with me but I didn’t care at all. After Zayn and I had fought then made up we walked away from the house and into the town. We walked around the streets for hours until he eventually walked me home. We talked quite a lot but I’m unsure of what we talked about. I remember his arm around my shoulder protecting me and my arm around his waist as I nuzzled into his skin that his top didn’t cover. If anybody would have seen us they never would have guessed we had been screaming at each other a few hours before, in fact I forgot about it until he brought it up again when he left me at my front door.

‘At least I came home, unlike you.’ I said as I turned away from my mum with my eyes still closed. I gripped onto the pillow and tucked my legs into my stomach as I tried to get some heat.

‘I am a grown women, I will come home whenever I please but as for you, you’re a teenager who will obey my rules.’ Her voice was raised slightly as if she was trying to scare me but we had done this at least a hundred times. She would shout at me for coming home late, we would fight, I would leave, come back in a few days and it would be forgotten about. I stayed silent because I didn’t have anything else to say, I waited for her next comment but instead she just left my room. I got up from my bed and walked into my ensuite to have a look at my appearance. I didn’t have much make up on seeing as I had cried most of it off the night before. My entire body was covered in neon pink, green and yellow paint so my instinct was to get a shower. I stripped from my pyjamas that stunk of cigarettes (because of Zayn) and alcohol. I stood in my shower and watched the water turn from clear to coloured as I cleaned my body. When I returned to my room I noticed a few missed calls and two text messages.

We r on our way to urs.  U have some explaining 2 do! xx – Mia

Can I c u 2day?xxx –Zayn

I quickly changed into sweatpants and a hoody before drying the wet off my hair with a towel. Not long later my friends were piling into my room which was on the third floor of the house.

‘It smells like a bar in here.’ Faye said and we all laughed. I opened my windows and sat down on my bed with my friends staring at me intently.

‘So, explain why you asked us to fuck Zayn?’ Mia questioned, raising her left eyebrow as I buried my head in my hands.

‘I have no idea. Dan turned out to be his best friend and I suppose I was angry because he had made no effort with me all week.’ I explained, shaking my head at the thought of my actions from the night before.

‘Yeah it all looked a bit…intense between you three.’ Aimee said while laughing. I looked at her with wide eyes. ‘It was obvious that Zayn likes you though.’ She said, pulling out a plastic bag from her hand bag which was full of chocolate, crisps and a can of fanta orange each, she was an expert at curing hangovers.

‘He told me he does.’ I said shyly with my cheeks blushing slightly. The three pairs of eyes moved from the bag of food to me and I smiled slightly.

‘So are you together or something now?’ Faye shrieked and they all started to jump up and down with excitement.

‘No! I don’t know him well enough for that kind of shit and relationships take the fun out of things.’ I stated. Faye coughed loudly and laughs echoed throughout my room as we realised she had a boyfriend. We chatted while nibbling on the food that Aimee had supplied. I realised I didn’t text Zayn back so I lifted my phone from beside me and typed a quick message, I wanted to see him but I also wanted to spend the day with my friends.