Chapter 53: The beginning of the end

Armenians? What Armenians? 1915? Never heard of it

Nope... Nothing happened...

Polska gurom💪🇵🇱🇵🇱

Polska gurom💪🇵🇱🇵🇱

———

-*America's POV*-

For nearly the entirety of the day since he has woken up, America stared nervously at his phone, awaiting the deciding call from UN.

He found the irony of the situation amusing—usually he would either ignore calls from UN or pick them up just to subtly annoy him.

Now, though, America somewhat respected UN. He had been extremely cool about America's crush on Russia, and had even helped him by offering to ask NATO to take care of his states and changing his permanent seat at the meetings so he sat next to Russia.

Although he had never seen this more casual side of UN, he liked it. Perhaps something had happened to change him in such a way. Or maybe someone.

But who could possibly get that close to UN and rub off on him so much? Who was that nonchalant about everything, yet still somewhat sarcastic?

Oh.

A look of realization dawned on America's face, causing him to laugh amusedly.

It seemed so obvious now, especially considering how UN had spoken about him earlier.

America found the idea that they were together absolutely adorable. Perhaps it was changing the both of them for the better.

Suddenly, America's ringtone began to go off, interrupting his train of thought. He immediately reached for his phone, his heart nearly jumping out of his chest upon seeing that it was UN.

He quickly picked up. "So?" America asked enthusiastically, "What did he say?"

UN sighed exaggeratedly. "Hello to you too, America." He muttered wryly, "Polite as always, hm?"

Then, he paused briefly. "But I understand your excitement. The prospect of being able to spend time with your loved one is simply unmatched." He admitted, almost sounding as if he were speaking from experience.