Chapter 41

"Elijah get down here!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Today is the day we find out the gender of our baby, our appointment is in an hour and it takes 40 minutes to get there. Elijah has been excited the entire day yesterday about today,we even made a bet; if it's a boy he buys me the car of my dreams-a G-wagon- and if it's a girl I can't say no to sex the entire month; unfair if you ask me because both will definitely be a win for me.

"Coming, love. You're moody today aren't you," he said more then asked and I rolled my eyes. "We are going to be late" I told him and he kissed the top of my head "no we won't, Enzo's house is a 5 minute drive from here If we drive a little over the speeding limit" he 'assured' me " I'm pregnant and you wanna speed with me?" I asked incredulously "Oh calm down baby, you know I won't let anything happen to you or our babies" he said as he walked out the door.

"Where's Leo?" I asked "Oh shit" he said and bolted upstairs again returning five minutes later with Leo in his arms. "I almost forgot our son in his crib" he said sheepishly and I shook my head "hopeless" I muttered and he spanked my ass as he passed me "Elijah!" I snapped. Okay maybe I am moody.

~At the doctors office~

"Good morning Mr and Mrs De Luca how are we feeling today?" Asked the doctor "I'm good thank you doctor" I said and looked to Elijah and saw his stoic  face "he is fine" I told the doctor and he smiled. "Well, you know the drill, put on this and lie down on your back" the doctor said before he left.

"Can you stop acting like a caveman?" I asked exasperated to which he shrugged and I glared at him . The doctor came in shortly after that. He placed the gel on my stomach and then the transducer. He searched for a few seconds and then we saw it. My Baby, it brought tears to my eyes. "Would you like to know the gender of the Baby?", asked the doctor and Elijah answered yes which took me by surprise because we decided to wait until birth, "wait a second. We decided to wait did we not?" I asked and he shrugged "why wait when we can find out now" he said.  I shook my head and smiled "Yes we would love to know now"

After we found out the gender of our baby we decided to have dinner with our family and then we will reveal the gender of our baby.  "We must buy a cake with filling of the cake the colour of the gender" I said and Elijah nodded. "I need to go shopping" I said again and he also nodded his head, completely silent. I turned my head "Baby, are you okay?" I asked concerned he nodded again and I frowned at him when I touched his arm he turned to me and I saw his eyes were glossy "It was magical, Cassie, I heard our baby's heartbeat" he said and my tears spilled over my eyes.

"I know baby" I said and he kissed my fingertips and blinked his tears away.
We arrived at the mall soon after our conversation, "where to first" he asked and I said a bakery so that we could place the order. We walked around for a while looking for a bakery and then we found one  SWEET TREATS. We placed the order and told the only worker and owner of the shop that we were gonna fetch it in an hours time.

We bought balloons, maternity wear for when I start looking like a big whale and Elijah insisted on buying baby clothes. I decided too buy little souvenirs for our guests. Oh and also Elijahs parents,Avery and Antonio, are coming to visit so guess who's meeting the in-laws, we do have conversations over the phone sometimes when Elijah has to discuss business with his father and they do seem like great people I'm just nervous. After 2 hours of shopping we decided too call it a day and go home.

(Leo's gift)