Chapter Thirteen: The First Task

Hailee
Dragons.

I stare at the fire, not daring to blink.
"Hailee?" Someone asks. "Go away, James." I respond without looking at him. "Hailee..... look-"
"James, in two hours I am going to risk my life fighting a goddamn dragon. I have no interest in talking to you, James.... You've hurt me too much." I look at him. His hair is naturally messy, his clothes were crinkled and not put on formally. But his eyes they held so much pain, I almost felt sorry for him.

Soon tears rushed down his cheeks, and I clench my teeth.
"why? Why are you hurting me, James?" I whisper. "I... It doesn't matter anymore .... " James said, walking back up to the boys dorm. Dragons. I slowly step up the stairs to the girls dorm. On my bed I see my uniform for the day, red and gold,with my lastname printed on the back in white.
I grab the outfit and walk into the bathroom. I quickly change into the clothes, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I brush out my still wet hair, and slowly tie it up in a high ponytail.

I close my eyes, my heartbeat was loud and fast. "Hailee?" Lily's voice distracted me from my thoughts. "Y-yeah?"My words were shaky and forced. "You know were here for you... Right?"She asks. "Yeah."I respond smiling slightly. "You'll do great. We all know it." Justice says.

Hopefully.

I open the door to my friends, who all hug me softly. "come on, let's go eat some food." Olive chuckles, letting the the go. "Okay..." I whisper. "Okay." They repeat, their voices had the comforting finality to them.

We walk to the hall in a comfortable silence. I am instantly looked at. I lower my head, attempting to discard their nerve racking stares, but even though I couldn't see their intimidating eyes, I felt them burning into my body like fire from a dragon-

Dragons.

I sit down, but then someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see Kimberley. Tears welled in her brown eyes, as she hugs me tightly. "Plese dont die....." She whispers. I wrap my arms around her small frame, pulling her onto my lap. "I'll try." I murmur.

*Time Skip to the tent*

"These are only small versions of what they really are. Now, put your hand in, dear, to choose a dragon!" Barty Crouch smiles at Eloíse. She carefully puts her hand in the bag, then quickly pulls it out, holding a tiny yellow dragons. "Ah, a German Acid claw, tch tch tch.... be careful, miss." Crouch turns to Wolfgang. He grabs a red dragon. "A Thai Fire-Snap. Oooooooo."

Then he looks at me. I reach into the stitched up leather pouch, and something bites my thumb. I wince, but lift my hand to see a white and blue spiked dragon. "An Artic Winter-Tooth. Very unlucky..." Crouch sighs. Oh, thanks dude. I stare at the creature curiously. It whines slightly, and burps out ice. My face must've hooked pretty funny because everyone started laughing at me.

* TIME SKIP*

"Hailee Andromeda!" The announcer calls. Balls.
Slowly, I walk out of the tent, well, actually I walked out the wrong side. I quickly run to the other side, acting as though nothing happened.
Then, my audience goes silent. "Balls." I mutter. The dragon roars loudly. "Um..... Reducto!" I shout, the invisible force pushes the dragon back.
I dash for the egg, hiding behind a rock as the dragon screeches. "Accio Nimbus 1900.." I whisper.

The broomstick flies over me and I grab it, hanging from it. "Incendio! Reducto!" I pelt out, locking my legs around the polished stick, reaching out and snatching the golden egg.

"Gotcha."

____________

Sorry for the delay!

Comment and vote