ch ;; one

tw;; r^pe case, mentions of blood, death, and guns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

disclaimer ;; the script i am reading off of doesn't have any indication of which character is saying what, i am purely going off of memory alone, so i am sorry if i get some of the lines wrong!! plus, throwing in my own character and mixing up some lines as well, it gets a bit difficult to manage !! <3 ;;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after being moved from the new york headquarters to the california headquarters, it did not take long for ciara matthews, a 26 year old, well-known, FBI agent to get a call in that she was required on a number of cases. this was her 7th one since she moved here last month. rushing to put all her gear on, she answered the man on her speaker.

''i'll be there as quick as i can, eppes. i'm getting in the car now.'' starting up the engine, she drove off as quickly and safe as she legally could on the roads. the case she was working on was a case that, apparently, was trying to be solved for the last few weeks. a rape case that targeted women, all spread out in different locations. it was hard to pin point exactly where the criminal was, well with all the jumping around they were doing.

quickly walking up to the scene, she tapped on the shoulder of a lady who was there, also with FBi. ''agent matthews, i'm here for the case.'' ciara explained. ''terry lake, nice to meet you, even though the circumstances aren't really the greatest.'' ciara nodded in understanding. it was always nice to meet new people with the same job, but when it came to a job like this one, meeting people on a case was always a troublesome thing.

''so, what do we know so far?'' the girl questioned. lake took a deep breath. ''it's the first rape victim he's killed, her name is rachel abbott, 29, waiter. her roommate filed a missing persons two days ago. and, the new guy is here.'' terry explained, pointing behind ciara.

walking up to the scene was two men, one of which she recognized as don eppes, the man that had called in her assistance for this case. the other one she didn't know, so she assumed this was the 'new guy' terry was mentioning.

''homicide said she called her job to report car troubles, said she was gonna call A.A.A., but A.A.A. has no record of this call.'' a crime scene investigator hands something to the agent, he thanks him and continues walking. the investigator continues, ''no wounds or ligature marks, she probably suffocated. lividity shows that she must've been dead before she got here.''

don knelt down on one knee, putting his gloves on and gently moving the head of the dead victim in front of him and the crew. he sighed, noticing the burning into the woman's neck. four little prongs and a circle out around them. they quickly closed up what they were doing, giving any and all contact information to the investigators, leaving with a simple ''if anything new shows up, call.''

back at the headquarters, they had pictures of the mark that was burned into the murder victims neck analyzed. ''the burn was made with the same implement used on the 12 previous rape victims, metal, heated to about 300 degrees, pressed into the skin for about three seconds.'' the lady explained to the group of working fbi agents.

''so rape wasn't enough of an assault for this guy? he had to burn them?'' sinclair asked, shocked. ''unfortunately, i believe that ''branding'' a victim is a very common thing among assaults like this. just a reminder to the victim that what happened to them was reality and not just a hellish nightmare.'' ciara explained, looking back and forth between sinclair and the screen.