III

"Jake has requested that you set him up with someone." father told me. "Why me can't you-" "you are the one that is teaching him, so you're the one currently closest to him that isn't family." I thought over it for a moment until jake started talking. "Hes been very closed off since we left our home and me and the others are very worried about him." jake told me. "I'll do my best father." I told him as my siblings walked in. "I'll be going now Tonowari." jake said standing up and leaving. "What was that about father?" "It was nothing Tsireya." father said. "Your mother and I will be out for a while tonight." father told us. "That means you will be out for the night." he said before standing up and leaving. "So, who's cooking?" I asked. "You can cook." Ao'nung said to me. I rolled my eyes and pulled out the hot plate and started the fire. I cooked dinner gave them the food after that we went to sleep. I woke up and went out for a walk for a while. I decided to go out for a swim with my Ilu. I called my Ilu and pulled myself on. I connected my queue to the Ilus's and guided myself out. I wound up on the outskirts of the reef. I saw a blue person on a Tulkun. I noticed it was Payakan the outcast of the Tulkun's. I treaded carefully in the water, knowing that there was Akula out there. I was about to yell out to Lo'ak before I was pulled into the water by someone. it was Ao'nung. "Don't say anything." he signed to me. he then pointed at the water. There was an Akula. "You stupid you know there's Akula out here and Payakan!" he signed to me. "Why are you growling me your out here to you know. I signed back. "Just shut up and watch." "You cut me while pulling me off my saddle!" I signed to him. "you idiot!" he signed back. he tried stopping the blood from coming out. "you're going to get us killed." he mouthed at me. "don't be stupid Akula can't sense blood." I signed to him. I heard swooshing coming from behind me. then I felt tugging on my leg. As I look down, I saw blood spotting the Akula had eaten my Ilu the saddle still stuck to my leg. I tugged and tugged till it got off, I then grabbed Ao'nung and started swimming off. I don't think he understood why I was pulling him until he looked back at the puddle of blood and an Akula swimming through it towards us. He then pulled me down to a coral reef that we sat inside for a little. I was starting to run out of breath. I gave up thinking the Akula was gone and went to get a breath, but the Akula was still there. I swam back to the coral without taking the needed breathe. the Akula just missed me as I swam into the coral. it smashed into the coral. me and Ao'nung thought the coral was sturdy enough for a few hits, but we were wrong. the coral started to crumble as it took another hit. me and Ao'nung looked for a way out. he spotted a small hole behind us. He swam through the whole before I did. While I was swimming through the hole the coral finally crumbled and smashed onto my leg. i let out the rest of the air as the pain hit. Ao'nung pulled the rocks away from my leg freeing me, we swam to the surface getting the air we needed. "Fuck!" I yelled looking down at my leg. I then saw the Akula jump out of the water ready to eat us, then I saw another sea animal jump out and eat it. I then saw Lo'ak swim to us. "Hey, you alright?" he yelled at us. "Do I look alright!" I yelled at him as the pain got worse. Payakan then surfaces allowing Lo'ak to climb on him. I was shocked sat this. He pulled me onto the back of the Tulkun. "You need to put pressure on it!" Lo'ak yelled at Ao'nung. Ao'nung continued to put pressure on my leg. Lo'ak told the Tulkun to bring us back to the reef. "He will not take us into the reef." he told us as the Tulkun started to swim towards our home.

"Okay let's get off." Lo'ak said to us as we gently tried to get me into the water. "Slowly!" I yelled at them. They swam me back to shore where Ao'nung called for help. Mother rushed to us calling father to come pick me up. Father brought us to our Marui. Mother checked out my leg making sure to not touch it. she then washed my leg, making sure there was nothing on it. she gave me something to drink before I fell asleep. I woke up an hour later. I looked at my leg that was bandaged up, i looked around the room. None of my family members were beside me. I got up trying not to lean on my leg. "They're supposed to look after me when I get hurt right or is that not a part of the agreement." I mumbled to myself. "What are you doing up?" I heard Lo'ak as he popped out of nowhere. "I'm wondering where everyone is." I told him. "They're all having the group talk." "Take me to them Tsireya and Ao'nung have some explaining to do." i said to him as he grabbed me by the arm and helped me through the village to where everyone was siting and talking. "I can't believe you guys left me by myself!" I complained to Tsireya and Ao'nung. "What happened to you?" Net asked me. "I was crushed by coral this morning." I told him. I sat myself down next to him. "Are you alright?" do I look alright?!" I yelled at him. "Never mind then." "How that happened?" Tuk asked me. "I was going out for a morning swim when I saw him outside the reef with Payakan!" I yelled at him. "Then an Akula attacked me and Ao'nung." I glared at Lo'ak. "Wait you were with Payakan?" "yeah" Lo'ak answered Rotxo's. "He's an outcast for killing his pod." "I don't believe that." Lo'ak said standing up and leaving. "whats his problem?" i asked. "Hey!" Tsireya yelled stepping up and walking with him. "What? am i not allowed a simple a opinion?" I asked. Ao'nung started to laugh. "Shut up Ao'nung." I said to him. "We should go back to learning, Y/n since you are injured Ao'nung can take up Neteyam if you want." Rotxo asked mee. "No, it's fine Roxto, Net needs to learn sign ill teach him that." i told them as they jumped off the dock. "So, what are you gonna teach me?" he asked me.