Luna and Sunny

Luna had finished her check-up and the result was as expected. Her body was healthy but nothing else has changed. The only memory she had was after her incident, anything before that was a blank slate. Her name, her life, her family and friends, all seemed as if they were of a different life, a different time. She could feel their warmth and care, but she couldn't remember them and sadness filled her heart when such thoughts entered her mind.

A nurse handed her cane to her, and she navigated to the front door with ease. In the last four months she had gotten used to not being able to see. She just had to be careful and take it slow. As she opened the door it made an impact with something on the other side.

Moonbyul was stretching and enjoying the scenery, when the door hit the back of her head. "Ow," she rubbed the spot where it had been hit and turned around.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Luna said apologetically.

"Wha..."

"Dr. Luna, are you alright?" The receptionist nurse ran over.

"I'm fine, but I think I hit someone with the door."

"Are you okay?" the nurse asked Moonbyul, but she didn't reply. "Ma'am?" she called again. "MA'AM!?"

"Y-yes?" Moonbyul was startled, turning her attention to the nurse.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" the nurse asked once more.

"I'm okay..." she replied.

"That's good to hear, but please don't block the entrance."

"I'm sorry..." she stepped aside but her eyes were glued to Luna.

"It's not her fault. I should've been more careful," Luna said apologetically.

"Don't be too hard on yourself."

"You should get back to work," Luna said with a smile. "I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"Alright..." the nurse was hesitant but proceeded back to her desk.

"I'm sorry for hitting you," Luna gave Moonbyul an apologetic bow.

"I-it's alright..."

"Have a good day."

"Y-you too..."

After bidding farewell, Luna went towards the direction of a bench, near where the children were playing with a golden retriever. She took her time to avoid causing another accident. Moonbyul followed closely behind her, speechless and shocked as she observed Luna. She stood by the bench where Luna sat, rubbing her hands together and biting her lips, hesitant about starting a conversation. As she took a deep breath to ready herself, another interruption appeared.

"Woof!" the golden retriever barked happily, running up to Luna.

"Hi, girl!" Luna smiled happily as she rubbed her dog. "Did you have fun?"

"Woof!" she licked Luna as Luna scratched behind her ears.

"Hi, Dr. Luna," the children ran up to greet her.

"Hello," she greeted them joyfully. "Did you guys have fun?"

"Yes!" they answered simultaneously. "We love Sunny! Can we play with her for a little longer?"

"Of course," Luna said, rubbing Sunny's head a few more times.

"Thank you!" the children said excitedly. "C'mon Sunny, let's go play!"