The Slow Poison (The Past Chapter 2)

The Past Part 2 [This chapter contains no scene from the Present Timeline]

============================================

Solar glanced down at the list as she made her way through the aisle, scanning to see if there were any items she needed. She stopped in front of the frozen section and checked what it had to offer. She dropped a bag of frozen fruit and ice cream into her already half-full basket. What should I make today? She pondered as she looked at the different types of meat. Steaks sound good. She grabbed a few beef packages before heading over to the produce area. Fruits and vegetables were the last items on her list. As she was selecting the oranges, a voice whispered next to her ear.

"Hey there, sexy. Got any plans for tonight?"

It startled her. She took a step back as she turned to face it. She looked at the man in front of her and sighed.

"Can I help you?"

"Aw don't be so cold. Don't you remember me? I'm Kang-Dae. We met at your housewarming party."

Solar wanted to forget she'd ever met him, but as luck would have it, she was thrust into dealing with him once more. She smiled as naturally as she could before she replied.

"Ah yes." She played along. "Is something the matter?"

"I saw you were shopping alone and thought you could use the company." He winked, confidently believing that it would charm her.

"I'm quite fine, thank you," she gracefully declined. "I like to do some thinking while I shop. It's better if I do it alone."

"What do you think about?"

"Nothing special," she answered casually.

"C'mon, you can tell me." He leaned in closer. "I can keep a secret, trust me."

"It's really nothing," she said irritably.

"Aw, don't be that way. Share a little."

Solar thought that she'd given a sufficient amount of hints for him to leave her be. From her expressions to her tone of voice, she'd given all sorts of indications that she would prefer not to converse with him. What doesn't he understand about the word alone? She sighed as she furrowed her brow.

"Hey baby, don't look so down. It's alright if you don't wanna say it. Perk up, you look sexier when you smile." He winked.

Solar wasn't sure how she should respond. "I have to go. I'm a little busy at the moment."

She turned away, as she tried to leave he grabbed onto her basket handle before she could walk off. She rolled her eyes and sighed, groaning softly under her breath.

"Is there something else?" she asked with a fake smile.

"Let a strong man like me carry your groceries." He flexed his muscles. "You know you want it."

"I don't, actually." She tried not to judge.

"No, no. I insist!" He gripped the handle tighter. "Afterward, we can go out for a drink." He winked. "What do you say?"

"Are you seriously hitting on me?" She scoffed, furrowing her brow.

"Why wouldn't I?" He smirked, lowering the decibel in his voice as he raised his brow. "A hottie like you and a handsome stud like me." He smiled confidently. "We'd make a great couple," he said proudly.

"You do know that I'm Moonbyul's fiancée, right?" She emphasized each word as if he was a bit touched in the head.

"So?" He shrugged. "We can still have fun."