An Unexpected Surprise

After spending the night drinking tea, Solar regretted falling asleep before she had the chance to see the sunrise. I stayed up late but still didn't get to see it, she sighed. She should've woken me up. She stretched and yawned before getting out of bed. I wonder if she's awake.

"Byul-Yi?" she called, but not even an echo could be heard. I guess she's not home. When she went to the kitchen to get water, a note on the fridge door caught her attention.

------------------------------------------------

I'll be home late tonight. Make sure you get some rest and don't forget to eat.

-----------------------------------------------

Upon seeing Moonbyul's message, she gave a long sigh. I guess I won't see her till later. She spent her free time walking around the neighborhood, taking in the view. Tracing her hand along the wall as she walked, she pondered, Does she also take this route? A sense of loneliness lingered with each footstep.

She came upon a small resting area, a single wooden bench underneath a tree. The birds perching above her head were chirping nonstop, as if they were fighting to become the center of attention or had a dispute they couldn't put to rest. She looked at the city in front of her, lively and bustling with sounds, however it couldn't erase the sadness she was feeling.

After a while, she went home to make sure everything was ready for her first day at work. It's almost midnight, she glanced at her watch. I wonder if she's coming home today. She was a little worried, but knew it wasn't something uncommon in Moonbyul's occupation. I should head to bed. I have work tomorrow.

When she woke up at 6:30 the next day, Moonbyul was still not home but it didn't surprise her. She got ready and left the house. It was a short taxi ride, taking approximately fifteen minutes. Initially, she wanted to ride a bicycle to work to get a good workout in in the process. However, with everything that had happened, buying a bicycle had completely slipped her mind.

Standing in front of the hospital entrance, she could feel her excitement overwhelming her. She had been looking forward to this day ever since she got back to Korea. I wonder how everyone's doing? Stepping through the door she expected to see many familiar faces, however that was far from the truth. Even the hospital's interior had become unrecognizable. She let out a long sigh before donning her happiest smile to report for duty.

After being assigned to shadow another doctor, she diligently took notes and attentively listened to her mentor's instructions. At the end of the day, she felt as if she had gained a bit more knowledge about the hospital patients and staff as well as its departments.

Once everything was done, she took the elevator down to the first floor to head home. As she was turning the corner, she bumped into another doctor. The encounter caused the papers to slip out of her hands and scatter across the floor. He helped her pick them up, before she knew it, a smile was spreading across her face and they began a casual conversation.

"Seung-Ho Sunbaenim!? Wh—what are you doing here?"

"Good to see you too," he smiled happily.

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me. It's good to see you again."

"I'm just messing with you. I started working here ever since I came back. My parents wanted me to stay nearby, so here I am."

"You're not happy?" Solar raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't say that. It's a good job. What about you? When did you get back?"

"Not that long ago. I also went to visit my family."