𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐫

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER THREE: PIED PIPER:

JARED LEFT HIS HOME AFTER A simple breakfast, and just like every morning before that — he hoped for a joyous day at work. There were some plans to buy out an app, a music streaming software that could compress files like nothing anyone in Silicon Valley had ever done before. It was exciting, and Gavin needed this to keep up with his competitors.

Jared became aware of this configuration the day before and quickly whispered in Gavin's ear. The engineer named Richard Hendricks started working for Hooli three years ago. From what Jared could recall, Hendricks appeared goofy and timid. But Jared had never spoken to Richard for many reasons; he was, in fact, just an engineer—a puppet belonging to Gavin.

There was never any need to speak to the help until this day.

And as Richard sat awkwardly with the higher-ups, listening to the bold lies they spoke about Gavin, Jared paced back and forth.

Yet again, Gavin made it his mission to be late. This wasn't the time to keep this poor soul waiting.

Biting his nails, Jared's blue eyes flashed down at his wristwatch before finally entering the lounge where Richard and the others sat. The two greeted each other. While doing so, Jared examined Richard;

A tall man with dirty blonde wavy hair and a long face. To add, he had a long nose and a skinny stature. It became clear to Jared that Richard wasn't unique, nor had he undergone magnificent life changes. Richard is a typical nerd Jared had seen plenty of times before at Hooli.

Settling down in a chair just adjacent to Richard and across from hooli's VP and COO, Jared flashed Richard an ungainly grin;

"Gavin is running thirty minutes late, but you should know Gavin is very excited to see you, Richard."

Richard made a noise from the pit of his throat before nodding with understatement. The anxiety becomes evident with every passing second.

"He's with his spiritual advisor," spoke the VP. "He shouldn't be that much longer. I'm a VP here, and I see him ten minutes a month."

"Yeah, but that ten minutes is just incredible," spoke the COO.

The door leading down the hall where Gavin's office is located opens, and a red-headed woman walks into the lounge with a wide smile. "I heard Richard Hendricks was here!" she sang, moving to the chair next to Jared. She settles herself, not pulling her green eyes away from Richard. "Have you ever met Gavin before?"