𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER FOUR: LIKE A BEE TO HONEY:

       LATER THAT DAY, KIT SAT ON HER bed with her legs crossed underneath her. The small MacBook she had gotten for her birthday glowed in front of her as her fingers moved along the keyboard. Just as she clicked out of the coding for her app, her door opened, and Richard stood in the doorway with throw-up still on his sweater and his wavy hair a mess.

"Uh, can we talk?" Richard questioned.

Kit removed her headphones from the top of her head and snapped her laptop shut. She hadn't seen him for hours, and during those hours, every company in the Valley called their phones, offering deals and implementation. Word gets around quickly in this place, and Kit feels delighted for Richard. However, Richard appeared conflicted. As he plopped down on her bed, he rubbed his hands together while thinking about the events.

"I don't want the four million.....I mean, it's great. That's a lot of money, but I, uh...I want Peter Gregory's offer instead," Richard tells Kit. The woman nods her head, ultimately supporting his choice. It wasn't her company, after all. "But I — I want you to help me."

"What?" Kit questioned.

"I already asked Gilfoyle, Dinesh, and Big Head. They've all agreed. But I need your help too. You are good at what you do, and well, I trust you more than anyone in this house."

Kit didn't understand, Erlich made it clear she was a failure. Yet, he also made it clear Pied Piper was a dumpster fuck. This offer meant more than Richard expected. Of course, if Kit agreed, she'd have to put her app to the side and change all of her plans for the next five years. But the best outcome is helping Richard and pulling herself out of this hole she found herself in.

Kit nods her head with a toothy grin, "I'll help you with your company, Richie. You know I'll do whatever it takes to get you out of this hell pit." She waves her hand to suggest Erlich's home wasn't what he thought it to be. "And I can finally use my gifts for good."

Richard, satisfied with Kit's offer, nudged his hands between his thighs and smiled awkwardly. As Kit picked up her Macbook from behind her and settled it on her lap, she began to speak with Richard about possible plans. Plans Richard hadn't thought about. What a great idea to include Kit in the pool.

***

Inside of the shop where Kit worked, she stood with her two weeks notice in hand and her phone in another. She taps away with her thumb, expressing to her parents that she couldn't wait to work for Richard. The text had been delayed throughout the night because Kit knew they would have questions. She wanted to make sure neither of them could blindside her with any that may give away her failure with Home Life.