𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER FIVE: REJECTION:

            STARING OFF INTO SPACE, JARED
thought about Richard Hendricks's decision. Something in his mind had changed, like a switch to a new perspective on life. During his work shift, Jared could barely keep up with his tasks. Gavin became frustrated with his usual on-the-top-of-things man, unconcerned by Jared's standoffish demeanor. All Gavin wanted was to have Jared do all of the hard work. That's what he was hired to do.

By the end of his day, Jared clicked through his files regarding Richard and came across his address. With his lips pressed together, Jared took a pin and wrote the address on a clean paper. He then folded it, finding a place in his bag for safekeeping. He then stood from his desk, contemplating what he planned to do.

A rumor went around the office that a launch party would be tonight. Jared needed to speak to Richard.

It would be a stretch to ask Richard to join Pied Piper. He'll be leaving his executive job and shares for a start-up company. Richard could turn him down, and Jared might be stuck with selfish Gavin Belson. Kit has every right to hate that guy.

The thought of the feisty woman made Jared tap his fingers against the side of his thighs. The concern about possibly leaving and throwing away a committed career was the first thing Jared couldn't let go of; Kit's dissatisfied reaction lingered there too.

A sense of guilt boiled in his chest, and he wished he'd spoken adequately. Causing others, discomfort never sat right with Jared. Had he told the truth to Kit? Jared thought so; he merely wanted to be her friend. At least, up until now, he questioned. Jared thought of it momentarily, then finally placed his bag onto his shoulders. If he invested in champagne and flowers, things might go by smoothly, or nothing will come out of it. Only Jared may come out looking like a fool.

That wasn't going to stop Jared from trying.

***

Kit typed away angrily, glaring at her screen as the boys celebrated the beginning of Pied Piper. Drinks were handed out, and music played on Gilfoyle's speakers. And while the boys enjoyed their fun, Kit downed a few beers with her legs crossed under her. She sat on one of the comfy red chairs, vision blurry from anger and alcohol. She couldn't understand why Jared pissed her off. She could only assume that she hoped someone thought of her other than Kit, but again, it shouldn't matter.

Dinesh looked at the woman, assuming the angry typing was standard as she did such things often. He then leaned towards Richard, Big Head, and Gilfoyle. Ready to reveal his biggest secret that had kept him back for about a year now. Everything seemed right. Maybe it was the beer or the high from knowing he would work for a company that could make him rich. Dinesh needed to try.