𝟎𝟏𝟑. 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:VICTORIOUS

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
VICTORIOUS

        At this point, the list of names had grown but they still hadn't figured out which one was good enough to replace Pied Piper. Their skulls began to hurt. Kit leaned her head against the back of the sofa, rubbing her temples as Jared wrote down Pinky. Any name would do despite hating it. Kit and Gilfoyle's nails were dry by the time Richard came out of his room with a new fire burning in his eyes. The group was already tired from the many names, growing bored. Jared tried his best, finding the energy to push forward.

But when Richard came into the room with his phone in hand, and a determined look on his face, the foursome perked up.

Kit peeked over the couch while Richard took his phone—his fingers swiftly moved through the applications. Then he placed the device up to his ear. When he began to speak with a stern tone, Kit and Gilfoyle glanced at each other with surprised faces. The individual behind the phone is no other than the founder and rightful owner of Pied Piper. And to their surprise, Richard stood up for himself. Placing his foot down and shutting anything Arnold had to say.

When Richard hung up the phone, Kit clapped her hands and Dinesh's lips grinned from ear to ear.

"Dude, that was badass!" Dinesh exclaimed, "What did he say?"

Richard tapped the side of his phone in the middle of his palm, his lips thinner than usual as the words of Arnold came to mind. They weren't friendly and sure as hell weren't agreeable with who held the name title. Richard's skin went pale and his face felt numb.

"He said he's gonna get in his truck drive down here and beat the living shit out of me," Richard confessed, examining the ground. For the first time noticing the carpet needed some cleaning.

"What?" Kit threw the couch pillow from her lap, causing it to flop against Gilfoyle's face. "And you told him this is your address? Why didn't you give me a fake address?" While Richard spoke to Arnold, he confirmed where he lived before hanging up and that wasn't smart. Not at all. Why would he tell him that? Even Richard wasn't sure how to answer that question.

"He's got a very powerful voice..." Richard whispered sheepishly. As if Arnold is in the room with them.

"What are we gonna do?" Dinesh questioned, sitting on the edge of his seat.

Kit placed her feet on the ground, rubbing her thighs as she thought of what would be the best course of action. They could call the cops, but that would be too much drama. They could fight back but no one here other than herself would dare to fight Arnold. Jared is the only one to come up with an idea;

"If you keep screaming your name, it forces the assailant to acknowledge you as a human."

Richard rolled his eyes at the idea, not seeing that strategy helpful. Once he left to pace back and forth inside of his room, the others looked at each other. Frowning at the events that might unfold.