𝟎𝟏𝟎. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER TEN:LOVE AND SUPPORT

CHAPTER TEN:
LOVE AND SUPPORT

           DAYS OF WORKING AND SETBACKS made it difficult for Kit to focus on anything but work. Pied Piper needed to file with the IRS, which took more work and time—pushing back a few projects behind schedule. Furthermore, Big Head had informed Richard that Gavin's team had picked apart Richard's algorithm so that Pied Piper wouldn't be able to sue. It had come to light that Richard had given one of the engineers access to the older version of his software, and they had hacked into it. This is why Gavin had found interest in Richard in the first place.

And in the end, Nucleus began to form. But Kit knew Gavin wouldn't have enough time to get this Nucleus out. There was no way. No matter what he believed.

So, Kit put a lot of her energy into Pied Piper until today. Today, she made it her mission to sit and video chat with her parents. She needed them to know what she had planned for herself and her future. They deserved to know. As much as she feared what they might think, Kit knew she had to update them.

Sitting on her bed, she held her phone. Staring at her dad's phone number.

Sheri is a lawyer and Micheal is a judge. Just about everyone in her family was in law. In contrast, Kit followed a different path. She knew that path would be difficult, but she wanted to prove that the daughter of Michael and Sheri Moody could be something more than a third-generation lawyer. All Kit wanted was to make them proud.

"KitKat!" Michael Moody shouted as soon as he picked up the video call. The phone had barely rang when Michael answered the call with a grin. Mr. Moody is a tall, bald-headed man with a salt-and-pepper beard. He held that typical look of a black father with his life together—jolly and strict. He had hair long ago, but Kit only knew him with a bald head and glasses. He was once muscular, too. Tall and built. But like one does, time took over, and Michael accepted that.

"Hey, Daddy," Kit smiled, waving at the screen.

Michael shouts for his wife to join. Kit could hear her mother shouting over a sports game with glee. She was excited to see her only child for the first time in a month.

"Hey, Mama."

"Oh, look at my beautiful baby!" Sheri says, practically taking the phone out of Michael's hands. "Have you been eating well?"

Sheri Moody was a tough cookie. Old fashion to a certain degree but not enough to the point of Kit becoming annoyed. She was strong and one hell of a lawyer. Like Kit, she never reached the average height and could be just as scary, but deep down—there's a sweet touch to her. Sheri never aged out of her beauty. And everyone knew they could come to her for help. Kit might have been a daddy's girl, but she always admired her mother's strength and kind heart.