𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER SEVEN: HEADSPACE;

                     THE NIGHT WENT ON after Kit led Jared into the living room. He sat on the floor, tucking his legs underneath the coffee table, using Kit's MacBook to start whatever assignment the group needed.

Beside the MacBook lay his tablet, which kept essential apps that aided with organization and files.

In the kitchen, the small woman made sure to make Jared's coffee how he liked it. Surprisingly enough, she remembered his choice of flavor and sweetness. Had she known she memorized his choice of beverage, Kit might have caught that Jared had been on her mind before Pied Piper. Still, she denied this. Not wanting to admit that she did see his presence.

The long pink stirring spoon tapped against the rim of his coffee cup, and she began to stir her extra light coffee soon after. The two coffee cups were dug out from the back of her closet. Both white and black cats on a pink background. Adorable and friendly. She had marveled at the duo pack months ago and finally got her hands on them a week back.

The little things made her happy.

Pleased by her creation, Kit placed the spoon on a napkin, then carefully picked up the matching mugs. She starts for the entrance to the living room, only to pause, awkwardly peeking out to see Jared admiring the vase she had planted the roses in.

Before Peter Gregory demolished Richard and his party, Kit had asked her mom about plant care. Her mother was born with a green thumb, while Kit did not possess that talent. Any plant that came her way died within days. Nonetheless, she picked up all the supplies she needed and followed the instructions her mother had dispatched to her through text message. And to give this home filled with men some color, Kit decided that she would put them on the coffee table.

As Jared placed the sparkling vase down, Kit hid herself. If Jared caught her watching him with a skittish extrusion, she'd burst into flames. The last thing she wanted; embarrass herself.

Kit quickly placed the mugs on the end of the counter one last time, fixed her hair, and balanced the cups back in her palms. A small squeak came from her as coffee nearly spilled over the sweater she adored. Jared raised his head and tipped his upper body to look into the kitchen with his brows knitted. He studied Kit breathing in and out, readying herself to be alone with Dunn.

Jared returned to his formal position once she stepped hurried to join him.

"Here you go," Kit tells him while bending down to place the coffee alongside Jared's belongings. He admires the cute mug before looking up and grins, pointing towards the vase;

"You kept them?" Jared questioned.

Kit looked over her shoulder to survey the roses and then at Jared.