Know Thy Enemy

[Salvatore Boarding House]

Alura had gotten up and ready early for some time for herself. She was relaxing on the couch with her coffee when both Salvatore brothers came sprinting down the stairs.

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." Stefan explains as they enter the room.

Damon's eyebrows furrow as he thinks of any reason the woman had to show up. "What's she doing here?"

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out." Stefan states, as he puts on a jacket.

"I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here." Katherine makes her presence known. "Or Alura for that matter..."

Stefan looks between the two girls, finding Alura nodding in agreement. "What? Why?"

"Isobel is notorious for hanging with the wrong crowds. I have a lot of enemies. " Ali shrugs. "Katherines right, I'd feel safer with her not knowing, if she doesn't already." She receives understanding nods from the brothers, who then look to Katherine for her explanation.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." Katherine explains her piece.

Damon scoffs at the doppelganger. "You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed."

"You're welcome." Alura mumbles.

Katherine rolls her eyes. "I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." She turns around but Stefan interrupts her.

"What do you know?" Stefan inquires.

Katherine turns towards him. "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

Stefan then turns to Damon and Ali. "Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep." He looks at them and leaves. Katherine shrugs at Damon and leaves herself.

"Where do you think she's going?" Alura questions Damon as he sends a message to Alaric about his not so dead wife.

Damon shrugs. "Haven't a clue, its not like she'd tell us." He then remembers what he needed to talk to her about. "Speaking of not telling us... Elena was asking about you're little relationship slip up."

Alura rolls her eyes. "What about it?"

"Nothing specific. But it got me thinking about things." Damon states. "Every time he gets close to you, you disappear. You say it isn't safe... You run."

Alura raises an eyebrow at him. "Are you deducting?"

"When were you going to tell me that Klaus is the ex." Damon asks gently, crossing his arms.

Alura smiles at him. "I was actually going to a while ago, but shit kept happening. Look at you figuring it out." Alura crosses her arms and looks at Damon expectantly. "Deduct anything else? I may not have mentioned much, but you've had more than enough hints to figure out the rest."

"What do you mean? You're admitting it?" Damon asks in disbelief.

"Oh Damon, it's soo much worse than that. But come on, Elijah's basically family, how Katherine walks on eggshells around me... Don't make me spell it out for you."

Damon's eyes widen. "You saved me from using the dagger because you knew it would kill me, but offered to use it yourself. You wouldn't die. But how? Is it your witch side?" Damon asks.