Chapter 2: Meet Kristin Chong and her Friends

Twenty-five years later, in the present day, there's the commercial, financial and cultural center of Northern California; San Francisco, California. The city was known as San Fran, SF, Frisco, The City and Baghdad by the Bay. The city is home of a group of teenagers who lived in the city. There are Landmarks, museums, parks and recreations, entertainment, sports, food, drink and shopping and even various neighborhoods. The most notable neighborhood in San Francisco is Chinatown, home of the chinese-american people. Chinatown was known for having events such as the chinese new year and various institutions like Portsmouth Square. In the peaceful street of Wentworth Place, there's a apartment in 17 Wentworth Place. Inside the apartment, there lived Kristin Chong, a fifteen-year old teenage chinese-american girl. She is sleeping in her bed as the alarm clock began ringing, forcing her to turn it off before going out of the bed as she yawned. Kristin opened the windows of her bedroom as she saw some birds flying as she said to herself, confidently, "Wow! What a day!" She smiled. Kristin began her morning routine by taking a bath, washing her long brown hair with shampoo. Later, after her shower, she started to brush her teeth before drying her hair. Then, she picked up her favorite black shirt with a green hummingbird and two flowers, her blue jeans, red jacket, white socks, red sneakers and a red belt with a brown buckle. Kristin looked at the mirror and looked pretty impressed that she is dressed for school before coming out of her bedroom.

"Allright! This is it!" She said as she pulled out her homework from her backpack, "My homework is done last night!" Kristin exclaimed as her younger sister, Delaney, appeared and shoved her into the floor, intending to go to the living room to have breakfast, "Delaney! Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry, Kristin! I'm on my way to the breakfast!" Delaney apologized as she has put her red beret on.

"Oh, boy..." Kristin sighed as she went to the living room, where her father, mother and maternal grandfather are having their breakfast.

"Kristin Crystal! Your waffles!" said Mrs. Chong as she gave her some waffles.

"Where's the honey?"

"Right here!" said Kristin's grandfather.

Later, Kristin came out of her apartment, carrying her bicycle as she went downstairs. She hopped on it as she started to make her way to school, listening to music. She went into various streets before stopping on a minute as she saw the red light. As the light turned green, she started to ride her bicycle and has made her way to school. She went to Stockton Street where Errol and Layne are leaving their apartments in order to go to school. She greeted them as she almost collided with a car before smiling nervously. Later on, in McCoppin High School, located in 24th Avenue, a green Honda Civic car has parked and it came Reid Currie, Kristin's friend. He gave his parents goodbye as he saw his friend showing up in her bicycle.

"Hi, Kristin!" Reid greeted her.

"Hi, Reid!" Kristin came out of her bicycle as she gave him a high five, "I came just in time with my bicycle rather than going with my parents," She said.

"Absolutely right!" Reid stated.

When they went towards the school, A gray car appeared and parked next to the school. It was driven by a couple of two women, Erica and Hope Ackley. Their teenage daughter, Adrianne, came out of the car as she gave her two mothers a goodbye before greeting her classmates.

"Enjoy your school day, Adrianne! I hope you'll be fine!" said Erica.

"Ha! Enjoy!" said Hope, the plump woman.

"Hi, Adrianne! Good morning!" said a boy.

"Hello!" Adrianne greeted him as she went inside the school and greeted Kristin and Reid, "Hiya, Kristin! Hiya, Reid!"