Chapter 58: Out Of The City

There we were, as we were in fact going right through Raleigh. As it was that it did in fact just seem to make me shiver. As it was that I knew as to just what it was that had happened the last time we had in fact gone through a big city.
I knew that we were in fact still in a bit of a hurry to get back home still as well, at that. As it was that I knew that we were in fact not going to take this all too careful once again. As it was that it kind of scared me even more, as I still felt like I was not right.
I was not in pain any more, but it all just seemed to feel foggy to me. Almost as if it was that nothing was actually real and happening. As it was that I just then did in fact just seem to all of the sudden speak to my self.
"It's fine... It's all fine..." I did in fact just seem to almost lie to my self. As it was that I knew that it was in fact not fine what so ever. As much as it was that I did in fact just seem to wish that it was the case.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have stood there. That was when it was that I then began to start to hear the voice of Christian. As it was in fact clear that he was speaking right on over to me, at that.
As it was that I seemed to have realized it was the case. I then began to turn my head right on over to him. As I then did listen as to just what ever it was that he did in fact feel like he had to say to me, none the less.
"Alright Ben? Are you ready for this again? You don't seem okay..." He said, as it was that he had a bit of a worried look on his face. Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said as to just what it was that he had said to me.
As it was that I also began to have realized that it was. That a few of the others had over heard as to just what he had said. As I saw that they did in fact have their eyes squinted over in my direction.
I knew that it was, that Andrew had just said that every one needed to stick together. And that every one needed to be on their A game. So it did in fact make sense as to why they were worried about me too.
I kind of just breathed in a bit of a soft sigh to my self, at that. As I also then began to start to speak back to Christian, at that. As it was clear he was listening as to just what it was that I had to say to him in the very first place as well.
"Yeah... I'm fine... At least good enough, so let's go... We can't waste time..." I did in fact just seem to say. As I just then did in fact just seem to breathe in a bit more of a rough sigh.
As it was that I felt like I had in fact had to have needed to have said that. As I saw a few of the others luckily nod back as to what I had said. As they did in fact also seem to start to turn their heads away from me.
I felt a bit better as soon as it was that it was the case. As I then did in fact let out another soft sigh of relief to my self. As I then began to once again speak to my self quietly.
"Alright... Let's go..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to turn my head right on over to Andrew. As it was that I saw that was what every one else was doing too.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have done as such a thing like that. I then began to start to see the man start to step up to every one. As it was that he also began to start to speak to us all as well.
As it was that I realized that it was in fact the case. I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times. As I then did in fact listen as to just what ever it was that he did in fact have to say to us, all at once.
"Alright every one... Time to go now... Just as we planned..." He said, as it was that he then also just nodded to us as soon as he had said what he had said. As it was that every one else nodded right back to him.
After it was that it was all said and done, all at the exact same time too. I then began to start to see him move on ahead. As the rest of the group did in fact just seem to follow.
As it was that I saw that their eyes were in fact all over the place this time. As this time it was a lot earlier in the day, at that. So it meant that we were not going to have to stay any where near this place.
I kind of felt at least some what better that it was the case. As I then did in fact just seem to shake my head a little bit to my self. As I also then began to start to speak to my self once again, all at the exact same time too.
"Alright... Stick together and pay attention..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that I my self then began to look all around me. As it still felt not real at all, and it still felt so blurry to me.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have stood there for just a little bit more time. I then began to start to look away from that all. As it was that I felt like the others were going to have to deal with that.
My head was not in the right mind set what so ever. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to jump up, all at the exact same time too. Just as soon as it was that I did in fact hear foot steps come right up to me.
I turned my head a bit worried that it was one of the dead. As I in stead saw it was Jordan. As he began to start to speak right on over to me. As I then just listened as to what ever it was that he had to say in the very first place any ways, at that.
"We got this Ben... Just stick in the middle, we've got you covered..." He did in fact just seem to say to me. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to also nod ahead to me. As to the fact that he wanted me to go in the middle of where every one was at.
I knew that he was in fact right with what he was getting at. As it was that I did in fact know that it was the most safe place for me to be. As I then did in fact just seem to nod right back on over to Jordan.
I saw that he had his eyes wide, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I just also seemed to speak right back on over to him. As I knew he was listening as to just what it was that I had to say to him, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
"Thanks man... I appreciate it..." I did in fact just seem to say back to him. As it was just about all that it was that I felt like I could in fact say. As it was that I knew that my brain was in fact not working too good just now, at that.
As it was that I just then did in fact just seem to do as he had said. As it was in fact clear that he was waiting for me to do so. As I just seemed to also feel a bit better now that I knew that every one else was around me.
How ever, I seemed to shiver at each and every noise. And each foot step that I seemed to hear from one of the others around me. As I just seemed to close my eyes, and speak to my self, all at the exact same time too.
"Calm down... It will all be fine..." I did in fact say to my self. As I felt like I was in fact lying to my self with just what it was that I had said. As I felt a bit sick in side, as it was that I just seemed to imagine the screams of Franklin.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought back on that, all at the exact same time too. I then began to start to just do my best to keep my self calm. As it was that I then began to start to hear Andrew speak up from the front, at that.
As it was that I once again realized that it was the case. That was when it was that I then began to turn my head right on up to him. As I then began to once again listen as to just what it was that he had to say.
"Alright... We take the same path as we did before... If the dead come close, just stay silent and kill... That's how we make it through, it will go quicker than you think..." He did in fact just seem to say to us all.
As it was that I felt like for every one else, at that. What it was that he had in fact said at the end might be true for. But for me, it felt like every thing had in fact been going so slow over the last few days.
I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self calm, all at once. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to all of the sudden nod to my self. As it was that I also then began to speak to my self a little bit under my own breathe as well, all at once.
"It's fine... It's all fine..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was worried about. As it was that I knew that it was that I was in fact safe in the middle of the circle, none the less.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought that. That was when it was that I then suddenly began to hear the voice of Eric from right beside me. As it was clear to me that he had in fact heard as to just what it was that I had said to my self.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have got my focus on to him. I then did in fact begin to look right on over to the man. As I also then listened as to just what ever it was that he had to say in the very first place too.
"You will be fine... Wish I could stay in that circle like you..." He did in fact just seem to say to me. As it was that he did in fact just seem to have his eyes squinted at me as well.
As it was that he had in fact said as to just what it was that he had said to me, all at once. As it was that my eyes did in fact just seem to grow wide as to just what he had said. As I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should say back to him.
I felt like it would just be best for me to stay silent from here on out. As it was that I seemed to let out a little bit of a soft sigh to my self under my breathe. As I then began to hear the voice of Kim, all at once.
As it was that it seemed like she all of the sudden wanted to join in. As it was that I did in fact just seem to look right on over to the lady. As I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that she felt like she had to say about all of this just now.
"Yes Eric... Would you also like you suffer the trauma that he did? You only look at the benefits... I don't think he has much of a benefit right now..." She did in fact seem to say right on over to Eric.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to also see that she had her eyes squinted right at him. As it was that I did in fact seem to be a little bit surprised as to the fact that she had defended me. Though I also felt like I should not be all too surprised, as I knew that my brother was friends with her kids.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have stood there for just a little bit more time. I then did in fact just seem to start to hear the voice of Eric. As it was that he then seemed to speak right back to Kim.
It was clear to me that he was in fact not all too happy with what she had said, all at once. As it was that I kind of just seemed to continue to stand there and stare with my eyes wide. As I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say just now.
"Well... It was his choice to go out in to the ocean on a high tide..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that it was clear that it was that he was not at all happy. As I knew that some one was going to bring that up at some point, none the less.
This was the first time that it had in fact happened on this trip. As it was that I kind of just seemed to dip my head a little bit low to the ground. As it was that I felt like I should just stay silent, and not add any thing on about any of this.
I felt like he was getting mad at me, even though I had not said any thing to him what so ever. As it was that I kind of wished that I didn't have to stay in the middle. As it was that I just seemed to just stare down at the ground, just as I had done before.
As it was that I had seemed to have done that for just a little bit more time, at that. That was when it was that I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of Kim once again. As I then listened as to just what ever it was that she had to say back to Eric, just as she had done before.
"Eric he has never seen the ocean before... He doesn't know what that is... I was also once a nurse, and he has been through some hard brain trauma... That is not some thing you should take lightly..." She did in fact just seem to say to Eric.
As it was that I saw that a lot of people did in fact just seem to agree with Kim on that one. As it was that I felt at least some what better as to just what it was that was going on. Though I felt like I dare not say a single thing about any of it what so ever.
As it was that I just seemed to stay silent, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact just hear Eric mumble some thing to him self. As I was just barely able to hear what it was that he had said.
"Yeah... What ever... Use that excuse..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that it was clear that he knew that he had in fact lost. As that was why it was that he had in fact not wanted to say that out loud.
I kind of shivered, as it was that I just continued to stay silent about all of that, all at once. As it was that I did in fact still kind of feel better about what Kim had said some what. As it was that I felt like I should in fact thank her for it later if I could remember.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought on that for just a little bit more time. That was when it was that I then all of the sudden began to hear the voice of Tanner. As it was that I turned my head on over to him all of the sudden.
As it was that I was kind of glad that some what else was in fact speaking just now. As I knew that Tanner did not have any thing against me. As I then began to listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say, all at the exact same time too.
"Why have we not run in to a single one of the dead yet... I mean I know we haven't gone through down town, but still... This isn't right..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I saw that it was that he was in right with what he had said.
As it was that at least some what clear to me as I looked all around me. As it was that I did in fact just seem to see that we were the only ones on the road just now. And it was that it did in fact not seem to be right what so ever, none the less.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have stood there and stared for just a bit more time. That was when it was that I then began to start to hear another much more quiet voice. As it was the voice of Millie that was all of the sudden speaking.
I looked right on over to the lady all of the sudden. As it was that she did in fact just seem to have her eyes right on Tanner. As it was that I then began to listen as to just what ever it was that she had to say, all at the exact same time too.
"Yeah... Please don't jinx us Tanner..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for a bit more time. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to let out a soft sigh to my self.
As it was that I felt like she did in fact have a bit of a fair point on what she had said. As it did in fact kind of make sense as well as to just why it was that she was being quiet. As for all we know, one single noise could draw the dead from several blocks around to us, none the less.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought on that for just a little bit longer. I then did in fact just seem to start to shiver quite a bit, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I also began to start to hear the voice of my friend Jordan from behind me.
I did in fact not decide to turn my head on over to him, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I just did in fact seem to do my best to try to keep my self calm. As I did listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he had to say just now.
"Maybe us humans have finally been able to clear out the dead after what, 11-12 years?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I could almost hear the smile that he had on his face.
As it was clear that he was in fact trying to think positive about this. As it was that I felt like he did in fact have a very very fair point. As I felt like with how many dead that had been killed, we very well could be making their numbers smaller and smaller.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought on that for just a little bit more time. That was when it was that I then began to start to continue to hear the voice of Christian. As it was that he then began to decide to speak right back to Jordan.
I looked on over to him as I knew that he was right beside me. As it was that I just seemed to stare at him with my eyes wide as well. As I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say, all at the exact same time too.
"Nah... Over 99.99% of the world was taken out by this... Plus, over 90% of our own people have never killed a single one of the dead them selves... Not to mention I rarely kill the dead because we're supposed to avoid them..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was, that Christian did in fact have a very fair point on what it was that he had said. As it was that he was in fact just simply trying to prove a reality in the situation we were in. As it was that I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times all at once.
As it was that I seemed to continue to stand there and stare, none the less. As I felt like I sure did have a whole lot of thoughts racing through my head. That was when it was that I then began to start to hear the voice of Daniel from right beside Christian.
As it was that I let out a little bit of a soft sigh to my self, at that. As it was that I felt like he was going to side with Christian of course. As I then began to listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say, all at the exact same time as well.
"Yeah... Let's just not worry about this right now, and get the hell out of the city..."