Chapter 23: The Last City

The days had been rough, but at least they had not been as bad. At least the walking stuff as it seemed to be the case, at that. As it was a lot less just walking up and down. As it was now more a lot more just straight land, none the less.
As it was that it did in fact just seem to start to wake my self up to that. I then also began to start to feel a whole lot better as to the way that things were going. As my thoughts had luckily finally gotten off of Donald, after the last few days.
I had come to peace with the terms, that it was of course. That whilst it might hurt to tell his family the news that it was the case. He was a lot better off where ever it was that he was now. Rather than still be living on this God forsaken world, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought as such a thing like that. I did in fact just seem to also cringe up, all at the exact same time too. As I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could.
Just as soon as it was that I did in fact just seem to do as such a thing like that of course. I then began to start to hear the voice of Jordan. As it was clear that he had in fact noticed that some thing was off with me just now.
As it was that he seemed to start to stare at me for just a few seconds. He also then did in fact begin to start to all of the sudden speak to me. As I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say, never the less.
"Are you alright there Ben? You look a little pale... You need a break?" He said, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was talking about just now.
As to the fact that it was that he had said that I looked pale. As it was that perhaps it was just the fact that I felt like I was still so tired. Or perhaps it was just the fact that all of the thoughts that I was still having, were in fact making me sick.
Either way, I did my best to try to escape from them all, all at once, at that. As it was that I just then did in fact begin to start to suddenly look back at Jordan. As I had a fake smile on my face as it was that I did as such a thing like that of course.
As just as it was that I had done as such a thing like that as well. I also then did in fact begin to start to speak right on over to her. As it was that I knew that he was listening as to just what it was that I felt like I needed to say to him just now.
"Yeah... Just still feeling a bit lost in my head right now..." I said to him, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I kind of felt like it was just about the full truth as to what was going on with me. Of course, just not going in to too much detail as to just what exactly it happened to be.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for just a little bit more time. Eventually, I then in the end, did in fact just seem to start to calm my self down. As I then did in fact just seem to start to see that Jordan for what ever reason or another.
He had his eyes squinted right on over towards me, at that. Almost as if it was that he felt like what I had said was a little bit suspicious. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to start to speak to me, not too much longer after that all.
I seemed to stare at him still, with a bit of a blank look my self. As I was still not all too sure as to just what exactly it was that was going on. As I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he needed to say, none the less.
"It's usually not a good idea to-" He began to start to say, all at the exact same time as well. Before it was that I just then at first, did in fact just seem to roll my eyes at him.
As it was that I seemed to start to then interrupt him on just what he was trying to say. As it was that he then began to shut up, at that. As he began to listen as to just what ever it was that I felt like I needed to say, all at the exact same time too.
"To think out side the walls... I know... I just can't... It's hard man... You saw the place... You know..." I said to him, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I felt like it was that I did not need to explain my self any more than it was that I just had.
As it was that I seemed to see him stare at me with his eyes wide. Just as soon as it was that I had in fact said what I had just said. As it was clear that he was in fact a little bit surprised as to just what it was that I was bringing up just now, of course.
How ever, just as soon as it was that he then did in fact just seem to under stand, at that. He then did in fact just seem to dip his head a little bit low to the ground. As he then did in fact also seem to start to speak a little bit more quiet this time.
It was a little bit hard to hear what it was that he had to say. But as I did in fact just seem to inch a little bit closer to him of course. I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he must say just now, at that.
"Yeah... I know... I under stand man... It's a lot to handle..." He said, as it was that he still seemed to keep his head a bit low to the ground. As it was clear to me that he was in fact handling this in a lot different of a way that I seemed to be, at that.
I felt like I could not blame him for that being the case, either. As it was that I knew that we were both thinking back on the prison. As well as what it was that London had in fact done to Chester, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
I kind of shivered at the thought of that once again, none the less. As it was that I did in fact just seem to try my best to not think on any of that. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to let out quite a bit of a rough sigh to my self all of the sudden.
As it was that I had done as such a thing like that, all at once. That was when it was that I also seemed to start to stare down my self. As it was that I seemed to also speak to my self a little bit under my breathe, all at the exact same time as well.
"Damn... I have a sure as hell good tendency to ruin the vibes..." I said, all at the exact same time too. Though it was the fact that I was not too sure if it was that it was good vibes that we had before now. As it was that I knew that every one was still down over the last few days.
As it was that people were still hurt as to the fact that they had lost their friend, at that. As well as the fact that every one was in fact tired of the non stop walking that we had done. As it was that the only breaks we got were for the necessary meals, and the late night sleeping.
As it was that I seemed to have thought on such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too. That was when it was that I just then did in fact suddenly seem to hear the voice of Christian. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to speak to me from right behind me, all at once.
It made me jump a little bit, never the less, as well. As it was that I had in fact not at all expected the case that he was in fact going to be right behind me, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I then began to listen as to just what ever it was that he needed to say, never the less.
"Yes you do... But we still love you Ben... Don't forget about that... You are a good kid... Kid..." He said, as he had a little bit of a sad smirk on his face as he had said what he had said. As it was that I noticed just as soon as it was that I had turned my head on over to him, never the less.
As it was that I just seemed to have noticed that it was in fact the case, at that. I in the end, did in fact just seem to start to simply breathe in a rough sigh to my self. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to suddenly start to calm my self down.
As it was that I knew that it was that Christian was a little bit hurt about every thing him self. As it was that I knew that I needed to be soft with my words back to him. As I just then did in fact just seem to start to smile right back at him. With a sad smile of course, at that.
As it was that I also then did in fact just seem to start to suddenly speak right back on over to him. As it was that I knew that he was still beginning to start to listen as to just what ever it was that I had to say to him.
"Thanks... Really means a lot to me right now... In ways that neither of us even know..." I said, as this time the smile did in fact just seem to be for real. Just as soon as it was that I had in fact even just said as to just what it was that I had said to him of course.
As every thing did in fact sure as hell seem to feel a whole lot better to me, at that. As to just what it was that he had said to me, him self. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead and nod to him.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I just then did in fact begin to start to hear the loud voice of Franklin. As it was that he just then did in fact just seem to start to speak to every one that was here of course.
It seemed like he was not at all worried about catching the attention of the dead, never the less. As it was that I just seemed to tilt my head right on over to him all of the sudden. As I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he needed to say, never the less.
"Raleigh? Are we going through there now? 20 miles?" He said, all at the exact same time as well. As he seemed to be a little bit worried as to just what it was that he had in fact even just said, all at the exact same time too.
I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that he was getting at. As it was that I seemed to notice that it was that every one else seemed to share the same worried looks. Just as soon as it was that he had said what it was that he had said.
As it was that I looked at the sign that he was pointing at that was covered in vines. As I seemed to squint my eyes right at it as I did as such a thing like that. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to feel like the name seemed to be a little bit familiar, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought on that. That was when it was that I just then did in fact just seem to speak what was on my mind. As it was that I was not really all too worried about it this time, as I did as such a thing like that.
"Raleigh? Why does that name seem to familiar to me? I don't think that I've ever been there..." I said, as it was in fact clear to me of course. That it must be another city that it was that we were in fact about to have to cross right through, at that.
Just as soon as it was that I had said what it was that I had said. That was when it was that every one then did in fact just seem to start to look right at me, all at once. As they looked at me as if I was some sort of idiot, all at the exact same time too.
It did in fact kind of make me feel a little bit stupid my self. As it was that I once again did in fact just seem to dip my head a bit low to the ground, never the less. As I then began to start to hear the voice of Daniel, as he then began to start to step up and speak.
As it was that I just then began to start to realize it was the case of course. I did in fact just seem to let out a gentle sigh to my self. As I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he must say, all at the exact same time too.
"Are you kidding me?! That's the capital of our state! You should know better!" He said, as it was that he did in fact just seem to roll his eyes. Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said what it was that he had said of course.
Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said what he had said to me. That was when it was that I just then began to start to hear the voice of Jordan. As it was that he did in fact just seem to speak back to Daniel with his eyes squinted, at that.
As it was that he did in fact just seem to have done as such a thing like that, all at once. I then did in fact just seem to let out quite a bit of a rough sigh to my self. As it was that I then began to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he must say just now, of course.
"Give him a break... He never went to school... I barely started kindergarten when this shit happened... I wouldn't know better if I didn't check the maps closely..." He said, all at the exact same time too. As it was that he luckily did in fact just seem to be defending me, none the less.
As it was that Daniel did in fact just seem to start to realize that it was in fact the case. He then did in fact just seem to blink his eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too. As it was that he seemed to suddenly feel a bit guilty as to just what it was that he had said to me, as well.
As it was that I seemed to continue to stare at Daniel right in to his eyes. He then once again began to start to speak to me. As it was that I then began to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he must say, all at the exact same time too.
"Yeah... My bad... Crazy how times flies by that fast..." He said, as it was that he then did in fact just seem to shrug his shoulders, at that. As he then did in fact just seem to suddenly begin to start to walk away from both me and Jordan all of the sudden.
It was clear that he was in fact a little bit embarrassed by that interaction. As it was that I felt like I was fine with the fact that he was moving away from us, none the less. As it was that I felt a bit more safe being around some one at my age just now.
As it was that I just seemed to simply blink my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that I just then once again got my mind off of all of those thoughts. As I then began to start to hear the voice of Tanner, all at once, at that.
As it was that he then did in fact just seem to speak up, out loud. As it was that he did in fact just seem to have a mocking tone in his voice. As it was that I just began to start to listen as to just what he had to say just now, all at once, at that.
"Well... We need to take the path that's on the map Andrew, right?" Tanner said, as he had a smirk on his face. Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said what he had said. As it was that I kind of shivered as to just what it was that he had said of course.
As I wondered as to just how big this city was going to be, that we were about to walk in to. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to breathe in a rough sigh to my self.
As i then did in fact just seem to start to see that it was that every one was looking at Andrew. As it was that Andrew did in fact just seem to realize that it was the case. He then began to start to suddenly remember that he was the leader of this all.
As it was that he began to wake him self up of course. As I then began to start to hear him speak all of the sudden. As I may self, began to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he needed to say, all at the exact same time too.
"Well... Yes... This is what we must do... We must get there fast... So, we will try to take the out skirts... A little bit less dangerous..." He said, all at the exact same time too. As it was that he did in fact just seem to start to squint his eyes right on over to Tanner.
As it was clear to me that he realized as to the fact that it was. That Tanner had in fact been mocking him with just what he had said, never the less. As it was that I kind of felt bad for the fact that it was.
That Andrew was in fact being put under so much duress. Though, I also felt like that was the job of some one that wanted to be a leader too. As it was that I just suddenly did in fact just seem to shake my head a little bit to my self, all at once.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. I then did in fact just seem to start to speak to my self a little bit under my own breathe. As it was that I made sure that no one could in fact hear as to just what it was that I had to say to my self.
"Please no more arguing..." I said, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I just then did in fact just seem to squint my eyes right at Tanner. Just as soon as it was that I had in fact said what it was that I had in fact even said to my self, none the less.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have done as such a thing like that, all at once. I eventually then did in fact just seem to squint my eyes right on to Tanner, all at the exact same time too, at that. As it was that I fully expected him to say some thing right back to Andrew.
How ever, that did in fact not seem to be the case what so ever, luckily enough. As it was that I just then did in fact just seem to suddenly hear the voice of Millie, all at the exact same time as well. As she seemed to step up and speak, before it was that any one else had the chance to do as such a thing like that.
I kind of let out a little bit of a soft sigh of some sort of teoirf to my self. Just as soon as it was that it did in fact just seem to be the case. As I just then began to listen as to just what ever it was that she felt like she needed to say in the very first place any ways.
"How many more cities like this are we going to have to go through?" She said, as it was that she seemed to have a bit of a worried look on her face. Just as soon as it was that she had in fact said as to just what it was that she had said to the both of them.
It was clear to me that she was not all too sure as to just where it was that we were going. As it was that I really did in fact not blame her for that being the case, never the less. As I knew that she was not really from around this area at all, as she had simply been taking a vacation in Asheville when all of this had gone down.
I kind of just shook my head a little bit to my self all of the sudden. As it was that I knew that all of that was in fact besides the point, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I was simply intrigued, by what it was that she had said, never the less.
As it was that I felt like I did in fact want to know what was going on my self of course. As it was that every one then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead and look at Tanner. Just as soon as it was that she had said what she had said to the both of them, at that, once again.
Tanner already seemed to have been on his game how ever, never the less, at that. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to immediately speak right back to Millie. As it was that we all then began to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to say.
"Just a few towns here and there, but nothing too crazy... This will be the last city..."