Four

(3rd Person's POV)

"Minister Jang! Multiple eyewitnesses report that a horde of bipedal monsters is approaching the city. Apparently, they crossed the sea," a soldier under him reported. "Our men are currently delaying their advance so civilians can evacuate. However, there are still many areas that aren't covered," he added.

"Send all of our available units and warn the civilians about the imminent danger," Minister Jang replied. "Bring me that phone," he added, giving the soldier a key.

"Wait a minute, Sir. Are you planning to call the heroes?" his secretary asked.

"This is a monster horde, so we can also assume that someone is leading them, and we're gonna need the heroes' help for that," Minister Jang explained. "Don't worry. I'll take the responsibility in case my deduction turns out to be wrong."

***

(Seungwon's POV)

(At the same time, inside Hanlim Multi Arts School Theatre...)

"Omo. It's been a while since I got this nervous," Minji commented, trying to concentrate.

"It's quite understandable since you'll be showcasing a different kind of performance this time, Minji-ssi," I replied.

"Minji-yah," she said out of nowhere.

"Huh?" I asked, puzzled.

"From now on, I'd like you to call me by my name," Minji commented. "After all, you, Hanni, and I are just about the same age," she added.

"Uhm...okay. But only if there's only two of us around," I replied. "Oh...looks like Haerin and the rest all decided to skip classes just to attend this performance, eh?"

"Hahahaha. That's the main reason why I love them as if they're my sisters," Minji commented. "Seeing them suddenly made me feel relaxed. It's probably due to our camaraderie or something," she added.

"You bet it is. After all, the five of you went through so many difficult things but prevailed nonetheless," I commented.

"Looks like the ball's in our court now. Let's go, Seungwon-ah," Minji said.

"Let's finish strong, then, Minji-yah," I smirked.

(After the performance...)

"OMO! Not only did I pass the showcase. I also passed with flying colors!" Minji exclaimed when we returned backstage, tearful after getting a whopping total of ninety-six points from the ten judges regulating the music performance. "I even got a perfect ten from the four meticulous judges," she added.

"Well...that means your efforts are recognized and commended very well," I answered. "A very lucrative move, but it's definitely worth it," I added.

"I agree. Thank you so much for helping me," Minji replied, smiling at me.

I was about to answer her when suddenly, Logos contacted me via telepathy.

[Young Master, looks like we've got company.]

[Particulars?] I asked.

[A horde consisting of small and medium bipedal classes with a single Troll Chieftain tagging along with them. Moreover, I'm sensing highly-condensed miasma underground, though. Must be their commanding officer or something worse.]

[With miasma this dense, I'm sure it's either a demon or a demonic beast. I wish it's the latter, though.]

[You sure do enjoy fighting very powerful opponents, eh? Definitely a certified battle junkie.]